Position Reports to: Director – Finance & Administration
The ability to manage a finance department and its associated activities is a prerequisite for this role. However, the appropriate candidate must also have the aptitude and ambition to look beyond these functional responsibilities and seek to play a significant role in the development and execution of the long-term strategy for our business. Candidates should see this role as an opportunity to enhance their finance and business acumen and develop their career as part of our dynamic leadership and senior management team.
The Finance Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the company’s accounting function. He / She will be a key person in the implementation of the infrastructure and systems needed to support the planned future growth,at least over the next five (5) years. He/She will also build and manage effective and streamlined administrative/financial systems, including financial, accounting, information technology (IT), and the department’s human resources. He / She will develop effective safeguards that will ensure that all ledger accounts, financial statements, cost and budgetary control systems are operating effectively.
- The ideal candidate should have retail business and manufacturing experience in addition to having held a similar role or a management/supervisory position.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Management level
- Experience Length: 4 years
Education, Experience and Specialist Knowledge Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance from a respected institution.
- A CPA (K) with full professional membership.
- A full understanding of computerized accounting systems like QuickBooks, POS or ERP is essential.
- ERP system knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and Ability to mine, import and transfer data from other operating systems.
- Experience Level: 3 – 4 years in Management or Supervisory level in a reputable organization.
- Experience in an FMCG company will also be a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of modern documents / records archiving and retrieval.
Behavioural Skills and Competencies:
- Acquisition target, due diligence and integration experience.
- Ability to delegate work responsibility with strong interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving and strategizing capabilities.
- Progressive experience in leading teams and managing projects
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and result-orientation
- People management (Demonstrated ability to build relationships and communicate with peers, subordinates and executive management)
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES):
- Financial Management:
- Review and approve preparation and finalization of monthly and annual financial reporting materials and metrics and maintain company financial information integrity
- Manage all finance department staff and ensure their maximum retention
- Coordinate all audit activities - internal and external
- Evaluate current accounting practices and policies and drive continuous improvement
- Coordinate monthly accounting closing processes to ensure that all required inputs are processed on a timely basis
- Safeguard that all ledger accounts, financial statements and cost control systems are operating effectively
- Financial and Operational Management:
- Ensure that finance staff maintain financial record systems in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures within generally accepted accounting principles and corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow, reducing operating costs, and increased profitability.
- Review all suppliers and customer invoices to ensure they are all posted correctly and VAT is well captured
- Administer proper filling of all documents; this includes internal and external documents
- Encourage and lead accounts staff to follow Company policies and achieve efficiency
- Communicate through reports both the Company's expected and actual financial performance
- Formulate a payment plan by observing the nature of incoming cash flow (finding information of on-going events with relevant departments and branches customers that may affect payment issues) versus operations payment needs
- File all Company taxes correctly and confirm the Company is abiding with all tax and statutory laws and regulatory bodies.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports
Monthly Remuneration: Kshs150,000/- to 200,000/- (depending on qualifications, skills and experience)