Reports to; Managing Director
Work station: Mombasa, Kenya
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure proper maintenance of sound financial records and systems, policies and standards so as to comply with the international financial reporting standards.
• To be a champion of the cost leadership strategy being pursued by the Company.
• To develop and maintain unit costs for the Company’s activities and interpret the same to the budget holders and ensure strict adherence to Company costs control systems.
• In liaison with the business development team, develop, maintain and continuously review the business portfolio of the Company and advice the Board of Directors of performing and/or non-performing portfolio for further action.
• Provide quotations for the various services that the Company is involved in and others that the company may pursue from time to time as per client/prospective clients expectation.
• Prepare operations budget, cash budget and capital expenditure budget and ensure strict budget administration.
• To handle company external audits, compute and pay taxes as required by the Law.
• Advice B.O.D on all Financial matters which will lead to sound financial management of the Company.
• Carry out project appraisals and advice Company on any new investment areas.
• Ensure the Company complies with all statutory laws, rules and regulations pertaining to our operations.
• Supervise accounting roles and interrogate the accounts before being presented to the management and the board.
• Take a leading role in supporting the management to prepare annual financial business plans.
• Establish and maintain internal controls to ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
• Master’s degree in Business Management, Accounting, Economics or any relevant field from a recognized institution;
• Bachelor of Commerce, Economics or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
• Be a CPA (K) and a registered member of ICPAK;
• Female candidates are encouraged to apply
• 8-10 years progressive working experience in the logistics industry;
• Working Knowledge of Financial/Accounting Systems and other ERPs will be an added advantage;
• Proven track record of exemplary work performance
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
• Experience in preparation and presentation of financial statements
All applications should be done on or before close of business 18TH November, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted