As a rapidly expanding start-up company, it is essential to establish flawless financial processes, insightful reports and waterproof controls. We are currently looking for a Finance Manager with a passion for circular economy who is keen to further establish and lead the Finance, Controlling and Accounting department. In this role s/he is responsible to drive and deliver pragmatic finance processes, spotless accounting, insightful management, board & shareholder reports, while continuously coaching and growing the capabilities of the team.Are you a pragmatic finance professional who can translate numbers into insights and recommendations? Accounting has no secrets for you and ‘smart controls’ is your middle name? Is sustainability and social responsibility close to your heart? Are you excellent in coordinating & following through and renowned for your accountability? Reach out to us with your application and motivation letter!
As a young company we are looking for a mature, accountable and experienced Finance Manager with strong management skills. The role is based in Douala and open for local expats.
Location: Douala with ad hoc travel to other sites in West Africa
Main areas of responsibility:
- Lead the yearly budget exercise with the other departments and monitor along the year
- Establish a financial and cash flow forecast as input to management decisions
- Prepare financial reports & executive summaries for the management team, board and shareholders
- Advice the management team with data to make profound strategic and investment choices
- Prepare the financials for grant applications
- Staff, coach and develop your team to be qualified and highly capable accountants and controllers
- Develop & improve financial processes and lead implementation with your team and other stakeholders. Enable the business to focus on the operations via pragmatic processes and smart controls.
- Establish, update and monitor monthly finance KPIs
- Identify gaps versus target or commitment and come up with ideas and proposals towards the management team
- Keep management informed of developments, seeking advice and council
- Ensure timely and correct invoicing and cash collection (accounts receivables)
- Ensure follow up from quote up till payment, drive smart payment terms and healthy cash flow (accounts payable)
- Supervise the accountants ensuring accurate accounting books & documentation at all times
- Ensure all statutory taxes and contributions are timely and correct declared and paid
- Provide clear regular reports to the management team on performance to budget, cash flow projections, and risk
Controlling & stewardship
- Coordinate tax and audit filings in each country of operation
- Install compensating controls to ensure all daily operations happen in line with our company principles & values, professionalism & quality expectations, tax and legal obligations
- Reconcile budget versus actuals at the end of each month and generate reports
- Implement stock controlling principles, processes and reporting
Skills & requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business engineering
- You have proven to be successful in finance oriented managerial roles and can provide minimum 2 references from your previous employer(s).
- You have at least 5 years of proven experience in finance, controlling and accounting in an international context.
- Experience in the recycling sector or reverse logistics is a strong plus.
- You are collaborative, have excellent interpersonal and influential leadership skills
- You are self-motivated, well-organized, disciplined and follow through on the execution
- You work autonomous and have a strong delivery-oriented work ethic with the ability to meet competing demands and challenging timelines
- You have an eye for detail, are proactive and solution-oriented
- You are flexible, are comfortable with change and able to work in a less-structured environment
- You are reliable, deliver high quality work and demonstrate high personal integrity
- You are acknowledged for your strong people development and coaching skills
- Fluency in English is a must. French is a strong plus.
- Excellent computer skills (Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Certificate of good conduct
Closing date for application is December 15th 2019.
About the company
The mission of NAMé Recycling is to promote a circular economy by giving a second life to plastic waste and reducing plastic pollution while bringing economic opportunities to the communities served. We collect, process and convert plastic waste into inputs for a diversity of industries. Today, NAMé Recycling is operating 3 factories in Cameroon & Gabon and planning to further expand in the future!
We collect PET, HDPE and LDPE plastics through our network of established businesses and informal collectors. The collected plastic is transformed into flakes & PET straps after getting sorted, washed, extruded and pelletised in our plants. The plastic flakes & PET straps are sold on the local and international market to be used as recycled raw materials, closing the materials loop. We operate at the international standards on labor, environment and safety. NAMé Recycling is a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact.
As our business is quickly expanding, we are looking for a talented finance manager to join our management team!
- An entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment
- Flexibility and autonomy to organize your work while meeting deliverables and deadlines
- Opportunity to grow along with the company
- Competitive salary