The successful candidate will be responsible to oversee finance department, drive financial planning of the company by analysing its performance and risks, retain constant awareness of the company’s financial position, enhance financial control systems, periodic financial/management reporting and to manage the finance team. The ideal candidate must be willing to reside in Mombasa and Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a finance role, 5 of which must be at a senior management level.
- Directing and managing all the activities of the finance department.
- Leading and managing performance of the financial team.
- Recruitment and Training Finance staff.
- Developing and reviewing the financial policies and standard operating processes (SOPs).
- Preparing timely monthly consolidated financial statements, payments and cash-flow management reports.
- Developing and monitoring annual Company’s budget.
- Liaising with external auditors, regulators and other third parties.
- Managing and implementing internal audit findings.
- Assessing investment opportunities, projects.
- Enhancing internal control systems within the company.
- Management of cost-saving initiatives.
- Overseeing monthly VAT/ withholding tax returns and reconciliations.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with banks.
- Negotiating with banks and other service providers on behalf of the Directors.
- Providing recommendations on how to improve the company balance sheet, P&L and cash-flows.
- Signing LPOs, authorizing payments and signing cheques.
- Managing the insurance portfolio as and when it falls due.
- A relevant bachelor’s degree.
- Must be an ACCA finalist or CPA (K).
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a finance role, 5 of which must be at a senior management level.
- Must be willing to reside in Mombasa.
- Must have experience working with accounting systems.
- Experience in managing a large team within the finance department.
- Sound knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices.
- Sound knowledge of KRA and tax matters, as well as staying abreast of all relevant regulations.
- Good understanding of budgeting, financial analysis and forecasting.
- Financial planning and reporting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Leadership and management skills.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 400,000 - 500,000 (Approx. 4,000 – 5,000 USD) depending on experience and qualifications.
Deadline: 29th February 2020.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but
unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not
hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this
occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so
please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your
skills and experience
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***