The Finance Managers will be part of the hotel’s senior management team responsible for overall hotel finance and operations including accounting, preparing for audits, fundraising/financial modeling and debt collection. Specific key deliverables will include:
Key Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Submission of a monthly Financial a report summarizing the performance of the businesses, which includes a P&L, variance analysis against budget and forecast, balance sheet and cash flow, focus areas for the next month, control weaknesses and corrective actions;
- Manage the production of key annual management accounts, reports, and subsequent analysis and developing long-term business plans based on these reports;
- Ensure that all accounts are reconciled monthly and that any material concerns are highlighted;
- Ensure ancillary services in the areas of payroll accounts payable, stock control and month-end are delivered in accordance with VCI’s standards and timelines;
- Deliver a balanced score card (e.g. 60-day debt target);
- Ensure the weekly, monthly and annual forecast is delivered within the relevant timelines, reporting any financial variances;
- Protect the integrity of the business by the systematic application of VCI’s internal control procedures;
- Supervise the production of regular salary payments and NHIF, NSSF, PAYE in accordance with Kenyan Laws;
- Ensure compliance with government regulations as pertains to the statutory requirements and specific tax laws and regulations that affect the hospitality industry. Keep abreast with emerging industry regulations/ details.
- Oversee all VAT matters, looking at efficient ways of reducing VAT liability and keeping abreast of current VAT legislation
- Maintain relationship with relevant banks and insurance companies.
- Working with investments to grow the business.
- Analyze financial data of the hotel and prevailing market trends to advise on profit-maximizing ideas.
- Supervise employees who do financial
- Implement financial controls in the businesses which prevent misuse and misappropriation of funds or assets and inefficient cost control;
- To ensure the overall smooth running of the VCI’s internal administration and its cost-effectiveness;
- Risk management of assets, currency, credit and liquidity;
- Oversee the management and full utilization of the Xero ERP system.
- Supervises the purchasing manager, F and B controller, night auditor and cashiers.