Finance Manager for an Insurance Company.
An Insurance Company based in Kenya is seeking a hands-on Finance Manager for it is offices in Nairobi. The successful candidate will be responsible for the Financial Management of all the company operations and setting up and enforcing all the internal controls of the company’s operations while complying with all statutory requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure daily updates of all books of accounts.
• Ensure all the accounts are analyzed and reconciled and any variances are investigated.
• Analyze weekly production per area, circulate to Management.
• Ensure preparation of appropriate Audit schedules at the end of the Financial year.
• Prepare Accounts in published format and as per the IFRS and IAS requirements.
• Develop, enforce and regulate internal control systems for all company operations.
• Maintain banking relationships.
• Assist in determining the company's proper capital structure and invest funds.
• Ensure reconciliation of Central Bank statement on Bills and Bonds.
• Manage the preparation of the company's budget.
• Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction.
• Ensure all Commissioner of Insurance returns are processed and submitted.
• Ensure Quarterly Corporate taxes are computed.
• Follow up all monies owed by the Brokers, Agents and direct clients.
• Preparation and circulation of weekly and monthly debtors schedule to members.
• Reinsurance program proposal.
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or business-related field.
• Minimum Seven years’ Finance preferably Insurance Industry.
• Certified Public Accountant or ACCA qualification.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
Monthly gross salary: KES 350,000 – 450,000 (Approx. 3,500 – 4,500 USD).
Position Level: Upper mid-level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 5th of January 2020.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***