Responsible for providing financial and management accounting support for the Organisation.
This includes ensuring the department follows: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and related laws and regulations. Developing accounting related policies and procedures and ensuring the department is adhering to them. Analysing accounting records, reviewing department transactions, preparing accounting reports, providing training and completing special projects. To provide effective support to the department and to be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the management accountant activities. This role focuses on the running and development of the management accounting, improving processes, systems and controls to equip the team to deliver for their various stakeholders.
- Provide various finance and accounting services for the departments.
- Manage revenue generation programmes.
- Preparing the monthly profit and loss, and balance sheet reports.
- Examination of accounting records and financial statements for businesses and individual clients.
- Developing and managing an organisation’s money by supporting the planning and implementation of its objectives.
- Preparation of a company’s book of accounts.
- Calculating the taxes owed by the firm, preparation of tax returns and submitting the necessary documentation on time.
- Understanding all financial and accounting regulations; keeping up to date with changes and ensuring your firm adheres to the rules.
- Working with business managers to assess the company’s financial status and developing methods for improved efficiency and cost cutting.
- Tax reporting and inventory processing.
- Collecting and analysing data, which is then used in the preparation of weekly and monthly estimates.
- Advising on estimates for project funding.
- Creating finance KPI reports.
- Preparing weekly cash flow statements, and controlling expenditure and cash flow.
- Assisting with the preparation of year-end accounts and statutory accounts.
- Responding to financial inquiries by gathering and interpreting data.
- Conducting internal audits such as wage reviews.
- Examining financial records to check for accuracy.
- Supporting in budget development, budgetary control, forecasting, financial modelling, and the development, design and implementation of systems and controls, financial policies and procedures.
- Measuring the actual performance and comparing with the standard to find the differences and interpret the results of operation and submit the same to all levels of management. This is done through appropriate accounting reports for controlling.
- Presentation of accounting information before the management with interpretation by evaluating the effectiveness of policies, organisation structure and procedures adopted for attaining the objectives. This is in consultation with functional managers
- Estimation of working capital requirements and planning the levels of investment in current assets.
- Working closely with the department heads to develop the annual operating budgets, forecasts and the periodical re-forecasts.
- Working with department heads to cost projects and develop any relevant financial information to assist the development team in preparation of their applications to funding bodies for sponsorship and donations.
- Manage the production and presentation of month actuals and forecasts for the whole organisation
- To develop mechanisms to facilitate the calculation of the full costs of service provision.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting; Master's Degree in accounting may be preferred.
- CPA (K) qualified.
- 2-3 years in a busy finance department.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible Finance experience with both revenue and expenses.
- Significant Client interaction and confidentiality of contractual and financial information are mandatory.
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviours, conduct and professionalism in all inter-person, written and verbal communications.
- Ability to analyse problems and develop practical solutions.
- Ability to manage time in a multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to prioritise based on changing need.
- Always learn and adhere to all Company policies and procedures and conduct.
- Reliable and punctual in attendance.
- Willingness to learn new concept and develop new skills through ongoing training/education.