• Ensure proper books of accounts are kept in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards and Kenyan law.
• Oversee daily sales, purchases and bank reconciliations.
• Preparation of monthly accruals, journals, fixed assets and depreciation schedules.
• Assist in preparation of monthly financial reports.
• Enforce compliance to regulatory bodies.
• Timely submission of tax returns and statutory returns i.e. KRA, NHIF, NSSF etc
• Support month-end and year-end close process.
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
• Develop reliable cash flow projections and reporting mechanism.
• Responsible for the audit process and communication with auditors.
• Any other duty given by the supervisor as and when required.
• Must have a Bachelor of Commerce Degree or related field.
• Professional accounting qualification i.e. CPA (K) or ACCA.
• Must have above 3 years' experience as a Financial Accountant in a busy working environment.
• Good understanding of IFRS, local tax regulations and statutory financial accounting and reporting.
• Must be detail oriented and possess good communication skills.
• Good knowledge of relevant accounting systems and reporting tools.
• Proficiency in Sunsystem will be an added advantage.
Monthly Gross Salary: Open depending on individual skills and experience.
Career Level: Lower Mid-Level.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Location: Laikipia, Kenya.
Deadline: 13th December 2019.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***