BridgeCap Advisory Limited, a member of BCFS Group, is a financial advisory firm providing financial management and investment readiness support solutions to SMEs and projects within East Africa. The company is looking to recruit suitably qualified and selfmotivated staff in the position of Financial Analyst.
- Analysing problems and potential risks that a business is facing and advising them in a manner that will make them more efficient and profitable.
- Analysing a company’s business plan and financial statements to properly advise them about investments, marketing and potential funding opportunities.
- Assessing an enterprise’s financial transactions and advising on optimal cash flow management strategies.
- Studying current economic and business trends which will positively or negatively affect the financial position of client’s business.
- Set up client profiles including chart of accounts in the system.
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded into the accounting system.
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger, petty cash and bank accounts.
- Establish and maintain supplier accounts and process supplier invoices.
- Prepare cheques for all accounts due within the specified timelines.
- Prepare monthly income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements and report on any variances.
- Maintain and reconcile the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records.
- Prepare, review and file payroll summaries, journals and reports.
- Calculate employee salaries, deductions and contributions and submit remittances of Tax returns, PAYE, NSSF and NHIF on a timely basis.
- Manage the filing, storage and security of financial documents.
- Prepare financial reports, charts, tables and other exhibits as requested.
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of client’s performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding and working knowledge of accounting principles and financial management strategies, and apply them.
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies:
- Self-starter with drive to be successful and ability to manage and execute simultaneous projects and tasks without supervision.
- Highly analytical and strong attention to detail. Team player and consensus-builder who enjoys working with others and reaching out proactively to gather information.
- Strong quantitative skills and experience in use of Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to develop complex financial models and cash flow projections using Excel.
- A good understanding of economic value drivers for business enterprises across different sectors and industries with focus on the SME environment.
- Sound judgement of SME business and investment risks and capacity to develop value-driven solutions to these risks.
- Degree in finance, accounting, economics or other related analytical field.
- Qualified CPA / ACCA or other finance related professional certification.
- 1-3 years of experience in accounting or financial analysis.
- Computer proficiency required (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Experience in working with accounting packages e.g. Quick Books.
Primary Location: Nairobi with possible travel within East Africa.
Remuneration: Basic salary plus benefits including medical cover and pension.
How to apply:
Are you passionate about creating impact for SMEs? We are offering an exciting career opportunity in a financial services firm. If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your motivation letter and current CV quoting the position title in the subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.