About the Company:
Alla-Aamin pharmaceutical head quartered in Hargeisa, Somaliland is the prime distributor and wholesaler of pharmaceutical, medical and healthcare products for human, animal and agricultural use. With over 29 Years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, Alla-Aamin pharmacies and wholesalers have a strong name recognition and brand in the Somali/Somaliland region. Alla-Amin was first established in 1991 to provide differentiated pharmacy services. Since then they have become one of the leading and most trusted names in pharmaceutical industry and have a tremendous customer loyalty to their pharmacies. Alla-Amin Pharmaceuticals has an unwavering commitment to the profession and to patient care.
About the Position
We are looking for a passionate, self-driven and experienced Financial Controller to join our team! As our Financial Controller, you will be responsible for managing, developing and overseeing the whole financial management system at Alla-Amin pharmaceutical across various regions in Somalia/Somaliland, which are all managed in the company’s headquarter in Hargeisa, Somaliland.
Financial Controller Responsibilities:
• Oversee accounting operations of the company and its subsidiaries
• Create an organizational structure within the accounting department to facilitate the achievement of the department’s short-term goals and long-term objectives
• Manage and mentor junior personnel in the accounting department
• Supervise transaction-processing operations
• Maintain an organized and orderly filing system of all accounting documents
• Collaborate with external auditors as needed
• Coordinate with colleagues to prepare the company’s annual report
• Produce the annual budget and predict budget forecasts
• Maintain a comprehensive system of accounting records
• Maintain an adequate system of budgets and controls created to mitigate risk
• Generate financial reports periodically
• Ensure the accuracy of the organization’s financial results and reports
• Ensure that financial reports comply with current accounting principles and financial reporting standards
• Account for any budget variances and report significant discrepancies to management
• Recommend benchmarks for the measurement of company financial performance goals
• Analyze capital investments, contract negotiations, and pricing decisions
• Complete periodic bank reconciliations
• Maintain a system of controls over all transactions
• Evaluating and managing risk.
Financial Controller Requirements:
• Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
• 10 years of experience as a financial professional
• CPA, CPK, or equivalent licenses
• Thorough knowledge of accountancy
• Superb mathematical skills
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Proven experience in finance management.
• Experience in Pharmaceutical industry is a plus
• Independ, self-driven and detailed oriented
• Good communication skills.
• Strong leadership qualities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
• Auditing experience.
• Compliance oriented.
• Proficiency in accounting software.
• Analytical skills.