- Bachelors’ degree in Health-related discipline, Sociology or Social Sciences.
- Certificate or Diploma in Accounting, Masters in a Social Science course would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3-year experience in a hospital or patient-centered organization
- Basic accounting and budgeting is an added advantage
COMPETENCIES- Functional Skills and Capabilities
- Experience within the non-profit/NGO sector.
- High level of professionalism, initiative, energy, creativity, and flexibility.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Data entry and knowledge of Microsoft office package.
- Team player and excellent leadership qualities.
- Proactive and dependable.
- Well-developed decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Establish a safe space to engage patients and their caregivers in a one-on-one conversation.
- Carry out a thorough background evaluation of each patient before completing the financial assessment form and ensure each case meets the Faraja criteria.
- Ensure all patients have filled in a social assessment form from their respective hospitals before proceeding with the Faraja assessment form.
- Guide patients or their caregivers on how to accurately fill in both the Financial Assessment Form and Patient Intake Form.
- Review the completed forms and carefully analyze the information given to determine whether or not to recommend an application.
- Analytically review each case and recommend alternative and cheaper options of payment without compromising on quality and maximizing NHIF contribution. Maintain confidentiality of every patient’s treatment plan and financial needs.
- Keep a detailed account and conduct a thorough follow up with all applicants of the Faraja Medical Fund.
- Ensure all applicants of the medical fund are accessing the complementary therapies offered at Faraja and keep a track record of their attendance.
- Write a detailed summary of each patient’s wellbeing and present to the vetting committee.
- Ensure that the agenda, minutes and reports are sent to the committee within the stipulated timeframe.
- Notify patients, caregivers and their doctors of the approval status in an appropriate manner and setting.
- Have a solid understanding of the Memorandum of Understanding between Faraja and the different hospitals where patients receive treatment.
- Initiate and establish Memorandum of Understanding with different types of hospitals within Kenya.
- Identify and collaborate with different organizations, hospices or hospitals that provide financial assistance or treatment at an affordable rate to applicants not approved.
- Keep a detailed informational report of all applicants and present it monthly to the committee.
- Update the financial and patient summary excel spreadsheet.
- Be proactive in encouraging each applicant to be champions of cancer in their respective communities.
- Coordinate with the Fundraising Manager to ensure that patients supported by Faraja have given their testimonies either written or visual.
- Ensure all cases are inputted in the Faraja Financial Database.
- Collaborate with the Faraja IT firm and confirm that the Financial Database is always up to date.
- Establish a referral system between Faraja and the public health care system, and private sector.