Our client is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. The company has almost 40,000 employees who service 85 million customer relationships throughout the world.
Their office in Kenya operates as a “liaison office”, providing administrative support to the parent company in Belgium, in relation with health insurance administration service.
- You thoroughly review triggered cases based on prepayment risk assessment and results of reimbursement firewall and take appropriate action.
- Via data mining techniques and in-depth analysis you uncover possible fraudulent activity by examining outliers.
- You assist in analyzing files which are passed on to the FIU due to suspected fraud.
- In so doing you respect the agreed protocols.
- Based on your initial analysis, you hand over all suspected cases to an Investigator for further investigation.
- You follow-up on files systematically and recall questions if answers are delayed.
- You follow-up on the individual workload (volume en TAT) and take appropriate measures, in consultation with your manager, if agreed objectives may not be met.
- You meticulously collect and document additional fraud detection triggers
- You take up a pro-active role in the optimizing of workflows of the FIU in order to attain set targets.
- You take initiative and show self confidence in your correspondence with third parties (providers, members, government instances).
- You have a bachelor degree or equivalent through experience.
- You have an excellent written and spoken command of English and French. Good command of additional languages would be an asset.
- You have a very good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word).
- You are analytical and have a critical mindset.
- You are decisive.
- You act with the highest integrity and respect for procedures.
- You work efficiently and accurately.
- You are strong in setting priorities.
- You do mind working independently.
- In team meetings, you participate actively and share best practices and learnings.
What's on offer…
- A challenging job in an international and diverse context
- ‘Happy You’: health and wellbeing initiatives, flexible hours, home working opportunities
- A dynamic international team, team leaders who train you patiently and a team manager who makes time for you
- An attractive salary and extra-legal benefits