1. Who are we
Cheki.co.ke is an online marketplace that specialises in cars (vehicles). Cheki.co.ke was incorporated in 2010 and over 250 car dealers and 15k private sellers have used our platform to sell a car. In addition to Kenya, we also have business operations in Nigeria, Ghana & Uganda. Cheki.co.ke is part of Ringier One Africa Media (ROAM), Africa’s leading online classifieds group.
2. Key objective for the role
Cheki.co.ke is currently growing at a fast rate and we need to enhance our sales capacity. We are looking for individuals who want to be part of this growth journey. Your key responsibility will be to sell our products to car sellers as a freelance sales executive. Your remuneration will be entirely commision based. The remuneration is 25% of all sales made exclusive of taxes. This role will be primarily measured by revenue generated!
3. What will you be doing on a daily basis
We are looking for smart hustlers :) Basically, individuals who are willing to get their hands dirty and get stuff done. On a day to day basis you will be doing the following:
• Moving from one neighbourhood/estates/shopping center/village/car bazaars to looking for individuals who are selling cars and converting them to sell their car on Cheki.co.ke
• Looking for car sellers within your network of family, friends and colleagues and converting them to sell their car on Cheki.co.ke
• Making follow up calls to your prospective clients and converting them to sell their car on Cheki.co.ke
• Educating your clients on whois Cheki.co.ke and how it works.
• Reporting on daily basis to your supervisor on number of clients activated and growth of your sales pipeline.
4. Who are we looking for an individual with the following qualities:
• A ‘hustler’ - knows and enjoys making money.
• Well networked ‘mtu wa watu’.
• Can get their hands dirty - travel (take a matatu/walk) from home to town to another part of the town looking for potential clients.
• Great communicator.
• Previous sales experience.
• Has used online platforms to buy or sell an item.
• Has a computer/laptop.
• Has a smartphone.
• Actively looking for a new challenge.
• Excellent oral communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
• Cool-tempered and able to handle rejection.
• Great negotiation skills with the ability to resolve issues and address complaints.
• Reside in any part of Kenya.
• Can communicate (oral & written) in English & Kiswahili.
• Minimum secondary level education.
5. What do we offer
• An opportunity to learn about e-commerce.
• To work with really smart individuals.
• Manage your own hours - you will only be paid off the revenues you generate.
• An opportunity to grow into a permanent role in our group of companies; as when an opportunity arises.