Imperial Managed Solutions East Africa a Freight, Forwarding Logistics, Warehousing and Distribution Company is looking for a high level, forward thinking and energetic Freight Forwarding and Logistics coordinator. It is imperative that this person has no less than 5 years’ experience in Freight Forwarding and Logistics. We are looking for a high flyer who can hit the ground running from month 1. If you are looking for growth in the Freight Forwarding and Logistics industry, this is the position for you!
Support the FFL Imports /exports function effectively and efficiently in compliance with client and customer requirements.
Key Performance Area
with local authorities requirements for imports/exports including but not
- Obtaining imports /exports
permits and IDFs
- Co-ordinate PSI as per client
- Prepare Certificates of Origin
( East Africa \COMESA)
- Retrieve certificates of analysis by
product by batch
- Obtain customs entry
- Implement exports / imports SOPs
- Maintain exports/ imports records
- Receive and record exports /
imports customer orders
- Raise pro-forma invoices for
- Communicate with customers to obtain
shipment approval as soon as possible
- Prepare export / imports
documentation as per customer requirements
- Prepare export documentation to
comply with terms of applicable letters of credit
- Capture orders in SAP and
ensure pack and shelf life requirements per market
- Engage with inspection
authorities to ensure timely inspection
- Book approved consignments for
- Send pre/post alerts
- Track shipments to destination
- Maintain outbound shipments
- Update client as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in business
- Freight forwarding training and
experience of five years and above.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Knowledge of SAP
Skills and experience required
- Strong administrative and computer skills.
- Analytical skills, attention to detail.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact at a high level with clients, senior
management and authorities.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Decision–making, problem-solving, creativity.
- Acquired good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand business process and be able to
interpret business needs.
- Positive, confident, self-motivated and able to work as a member
of a team.
We are committed to employment equity when recruiting internally and externally.
Should you not have received a response within four weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.