Connecting Africans to Opportunities
We are looking for an experience Front-end developer to join our Property product team. The Front-end developer will work closely with the rest of the development team members and report to the Head of Vertical Property, in order to understand the overall business objectives and derive a clear UI strategy for the product.
Where applicable, the Front-end developer will be expected to use various web technologies to implement, design and develop Property Product Interface.
Report To: Head of Vertical, CTO
- Product Manager
- Back-end Developers
- Rest of the group’s UI/UX team
- Use markup languages like HTML, CSS to create user-friendly web pages.
- Maintain and improve website, optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Drive front end technology migration and strategy.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Stay up to date with new developments in your field and use them smartly in your work
- Engage with ROAM’s other UI Specialists on a weekly basis to iterate on ideas and projects.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as (Git/SVN)
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD) and design thinking; planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Previous knowledge on user mapping, user journey, and/or user design is an advantage.