REPORTS TO: Assistant manager
MUST HAVE WORKED IN A 5 STAR HOTEL
Directly supervises all front office personnel and ensures proper completion of all front office duties. Directs and coordinates the activities of the front desk, reservations, guest services, and telephone areas. Prepare monthly reports and budget for front office department.
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the selection of front office personnel.
- Schedules the front office staff.
- Supervises workload during shifts.
- Evaluates the job performance if each front office employee.
- Maintains working relationships and communicates with all departments.
- Verifies that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Resolves guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Updates group information. Maintains, monitors, and prepares group requirements. Relays information to appropriate personnel.
- Receives information from the previous shift manger and passes on pertinent details to the oncoming manager.
- Checks cashiers in and out and verifies banks and deposits at the end of each shift.
- Enforces all cash-handling, check-cashing, and credit policies.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings of front office personnel.
- Upholds the hotel's commitment to hospitality.
- Prepare performance reports related to front office.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily. I.e. flash report, allowance etc.
- Monitor high balance guest and take appropriate action.
- Ensure implementation of all hotel policies and house rules.
- Operate all aspects of Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple configuration changes.
- Prepare revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guest’s managers and other employees.
- Maintain required pars of all front office and stationary supplies.
- Review daily front office work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
- Review Front office log book and Guest feedback forms on a daily basis.
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecasts, reports and tracking logs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Someone with strong Receptionist skill with at least 5-7 years in hospitality, minimum 2 years at reception and 2 years in a management position.
- Must have worked for 4 or 5* properties who are ranked at the top 15% of TripAdvisor (if the customer reviews are strong, it means he has been part of a successful team. Our Hotel is currently ranked 12th out of hotels in Kampala and our Restaurant is ranked 6th.
- Must excel at customer service and be willing to think out of the box to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Must be organized and be able to train our team with new knowledge, continue to polish up their skills and the teams around him/her.
- I need someone proactive who will work on his own accord to improve his department
- Someone who has good sales abilities and can share that knowledge
- Must be goal orientated, we give incentives for good performance. His target should be 5* reviews across all online platforms, anything below a 4*review means we did not exceed our guest's expectations. Even when a customer complain about something, it is how the reception handles the situation that ensures that the guest is satisfied.
- Minimum college/ degree in any field related. Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of hotel front desk supervisory experience, experience handling cash, accounting procedures, and general administrative tasks.