Under the direction of Executive Management,
and within the limits of the hotel’s policies and procedures, assists with
overseeing and directing all aspects of Front Office operations, specifically
including Reception, Guest Relations, Housekeeping Services, Concierge and Switchboard.
· To monitor front office personnel, specifically reception, Guest Relations, Concierge and switchboard personnel, to ensure that all guests receive prompt, cordial and efficient attention and service throughout their stay.
· To provide a quick, efficient and courteous check-in and out facility.
· To ensure that all incoming and in-house telephone calls are answered efficiently and courteously.
· To co-ordinate and prepare staff rosters to ensure adequate coverage in all front office areas according to occupancy.
· To ensure the maximization of staff performance through the establishment of performance standards, coaching and performance evaluation on an ongoing basis.
· To assist in the identification of training needs, the development of formal and informal training plans and the implementation of training sessions on an ongoing basis.
· To ensure that cash up procedures and shift banking is correct at the end of each shift.
· Provides input for monthly departmental meetings.
· Assists in monitoring and controlling, on an on-going basis, departmental costs to ensure performance against budget.
· To ensure that all DB’s are checked and accurate and that all relevant documentation is attached before being sent to the Accounts department.
· Some college and two years guest service/hotel experience, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Minimum Qualification: Diploma (a Degree is an added advantage)
· Must have full knowledge of the guest service/night function and some supervisory training/experience preferred
· Provide excellent customer service skills. Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
· Maintain focus in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
· Work a flexible schedule