client is an alternative investment manager, with real estate development
capability, and a primary focus on private equity and real estate investments
in the high growth Kenyan Region.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, tests, implements, and supports technical web software solutions across a full stack of development tools and technologies that support the organisation core and affiliate businesses
- Designs and builds robust and redundant solutions on the cloud with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and other cloud architecture utilized by the organisation
- Stays on top of technology trends, researches and learns new technologies and applies as appropriate
- Maintains and improves existing codebases and reviews code changes
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- A grade of B+ and above in KCSE (or equivalent) with good grades in math and languages
- Computer Science (or related) degree with a minimum of upper second-class honors
- At least 3 years of experience working with PHP in a dynamic environment. Experience with a modern framework preferably Laravel is required. Experience developing for fintech is an added advantage
- Solid skills of computing and algorithms with good background in object-oriented principles
- Knowledge of web and Internet infrastructure, databases, networking and programming
- A passion for computing and software and engaging learning experiences, as well as desire to make a difference in a highly productive environment