The Busara Center for Behavioral Economics is a research and
advisory firm that uses state-of-the-art advances in experimentation, data
science, and behavioral science in pursuit of poverty alleviation. Busara is a
US 501(c)3 organization with headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, and an active
project presence across Africa and other markets. Busara works with academics,
policymakers, and private companies across all sectors.
As Busara grows, we are looking for an experienced Fullstack developer to join our development team. You will be working closely with an existing team of developers, project teams, and lab teams to support existing client projects and creatively develop solutions.
The role will be responsible for offering inspirational space to create the next innovation in full tech stack, the development, and maintenance of applications, and integration to backend services. The role will champion the best standards on the full tech stack.
Your role and responsibilities
- Gather, document and craft technical and system design requirements
- Design and development of otree experiments
- Work from system requirements to develop, high-performance backends
- Work mockups build functional, high-performance applications (web, backend & mobile)
- Build reusable code and libraries.
- Implementation of security and data protection policies on applications
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the project supervisor or direct manager
Skills & Requirements
- Strong understanding of agile methodologies such as scrum, kanban, etc
- Excellent understanding of DRY
- Extensive hands-on experience in front-end, back-end web, and mobile technologies
- Proficient working with relational and nonrelational databases
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs
- Excellent understanding of IAAS/PAAS such as AWS, Heroku, Digital Ocean
- Create intuitive UI/UX
We will offer you a competitive salary and health insurance, a dynamic work environment with an opportunity for growth and can-do attitude.