Unity Makers LTD is an innovative young furniture company which designs and builds high quality contemporary furniture in our Nairobi workshop. We enjoy developing close relationships with our discerning yet appreciative clients who have searched this city high and low for well-designed modern furniture and discovered us. Thanks to our rapid growth over the past two years, we are now hiring an aspiring junior designer. The designer will work closely with our fabrication team from our workshop office as well going out to meet clients on site.
If you think that could be you, please take a look at our website to understand our design aesthetic and review the roles + responsibilities and criteria below.
ROLE + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Custom and standard pieces
- Standalone and built-in pieces
- Produce 3D models
- Produce renderings
- Prepare drawings of designs
- Modify drawings of existing pieces
- Communicate with clients over email and phone
- Meet clients on site and take measurements
- Prepare design presentations
- Prepare costings and quotations
- Work with clients to arrive at final design
Monitor production in the workshop in conjunction with management team to ensure pieces are produced as designed and meet quality standards
- Degree in design field: furniture design, industrial design, interior design, architecture, etc.
- Refined contemporary design and aesthetic sensibilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Deals with clients courteously and professionally
- Enjoys working in an active workshop environment
- Strong computer skills, including experience in 3D software (Rhino) and Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Experience preparing construction documents or shop drawings
- Experience realizing built works; understands how drawings become reality
- Knowledge or experience in furniture design
- Knowledge or experience in woodworking
- Proficiency in Rhino and V-Ray software
If you think you would be a good fit, please apply and submit your CV and portfolio.
Please understand that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No calls please!