Department : Garage Equipment Division
Designation : G.E.D Technician
Reports To : G.E.D Manager
The Core function is a thorough understanding of generators and Compressors. Further,the employee will be responsible for the overall well-being of all workshop machines/ equipment and tools in the branches by ensuring that machines are always available, reliable and efficient through proper and first time diagnosis, timely and correct maintenance of all machines and tool control.
· Ensure equipment reliability through good maintenance to all machine and equipment that may hamper service delivery.
· Identify all critical spares needed and forward them to the head of department for further analysis and ordering.
· Co-ordination with the service team to sort out problems arising and hampering production.
· Ensure all planned projects are executed as per plan and provide daily, weekly and monthly progress report.
· Ensure all safety aspects are followed in the workshop.
· Ensure availability of machines through P M and T P M scheduling.
· Maintenance Planning and Control.
· Train workshop staff in proper tool and equipment usage.
· Follow a proactive approach as opposed to Reactive in all maintenance issues.
· Carry out periodic tool audits in workshops.
· Generate timely, consistent and accurate periodic maintenance reports.
· Any other responsibility as maybe assigned from time to time by Departmental Head.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS.
· Analytical with problem solving skills.
· Computer literate.
· Proven ability to work with minimal supervision
· Highly motivated, reliable, flexible and proactive.
· Possess excellent communication and team working skills.
· Excellent planning and organizational skills.
· Self-driven with demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines
· Hands on with can do attitude.
· Good customer service skills
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
· Diploma and/or Higher National diploma in either Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering from a recognized Institution. A degree will be an added advantage.
· Must have atleast 2 years hands on experience in servicing generators and compressors.
· Must have good knowledge of hydraulic systems.
· Considerable knowledge of mechanical tools, equipment, materials and general engineering practices.
· Working knowledge of tire balancers, alignment and tire changers will be an added advantage.