· Welcoming customers into the shop.
· Be involved in stock control and management.
· Assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for.
· Be responsible for processing cash payments.
· Keeping up to date with special promotions and putting up displays.
· Stock shelves with merchandise and ensure that they are well displayed.
· Answer queries from customers.
· Reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor(s).
· Giving advice and guidance on product selection to customers.
· Balancing cash registers with receipts.
· Keeping the store tidy and clean, this includes hovering and mopping.
· Resolving customer complaints.
· Working within established guidelines, particularly with brands.
· Attaching price tags to merchandise on the shop floor.
· Responsible for security within the store and being on the lookout for shoplifters and fraudulent transactions.
· Receiving and storing of stock.
· Receive deliveries from suppliers
· Have a friendly and engaging personality.
· Comfortable working with ALL members of the public.
· Should have confidence when dealing with customers.
· Must be helpful and polite to customers.
· Should be physically fit as one will be on his/her feet for most of the day and may be required to lift stock.
· Should have a comprehensive understanding of his/her area of sales i.e. retail of general hardware.
· Able to work as part of a sales team.
· Knowledge of inventory control/management.
· Should be smart and articulate.
· Form 4 Level of Education with a minimum of D in KCSE.
· Basic knowledge in Accounts, Sales and Marketing and Administration with supporting documents.
· 1 year Experience in a hardware shop or related business.
· Basic Knowledge in MS Office.
· Basic knowledge in decorative paints will be an added advantage.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS THIS MONDAY 26TH NOVEMBER 2018