The ideal candidate will be required to provide leadership, coordinate
underwriting, business development and claims settlement; and running a
profitable portfolio in general insurance business. The emphasis is to grow the
General business division.
- Directing, Coordinating and growing the general Insurance
Business and identifying new business opportunities.
- Monitor execution of business plans to achieve set production
- Achieve underwriting profitability by maintaining loss and
expense ratios at acceptable levels.
- Setting and monitoring the performance target and portfolio mix
and compliance per branch on weekly basis.
- Follow up on business leads of high net worth in liaison with
the business development managers.
- Ascertain the level of risk exposure in relation to General Insurance
- Fostering and maintenance of good corporate image through
liaison with all competitors, intermediaries and the general public.
- In coordination with HRM, Coach and mentor staff in preparation
for higher roles, career development and succession planning;
- Develop a training plan for all senior staff in the division.
- Must have a Bachelor of
Commerce or Graduate with Business, Insurance or Actuarial degree.
- Must have
ACII /AIIK or equivalent qualification.
have experience in General Insurance Business processes,
schemes, rules and regulation.
- Must have At least 10 years
relevant working experience; 5 of which must be at a Senior Management level.
- Strong leadership skills, flexible, assertive and result driven.
- Proven ability to develop and implement business strategies.
- Performance Reporting and Financial Management.
- Must have Underwriting
- Strong understanding of application of reinsurance.
- Must be Computer literate.
Proficient in insurance management software packages preferably ERP system.
- Understand and implement processes and procedures.
- Have a high sense of diplomacy, accuracy and attention for
- Business acumen, Strategic thinker with ability to make sound
decisions for the business.
- Ability to probe and negotiate with difficult customers, good at
- Have good PR/interpersonal skills, have outstanding
communication and reporting skills, problem analysis and listening ability.
Monthly Gross Salary: 550,000 - 600,000/=
(5500 -6000 USD) Depending on skills and experience.
Level: Executive Level.
We endeavour to make
contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of
applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks
your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean
you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job
board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not
charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***