Direct Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer
Supervision: Market Unit Heads, Country Directors, General Managers
Job Category: Manager
Travel Required: Yes
Level/Grade: D upper
Position Type: Permanent
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Revenue Generation
- Achieving targets for revenue, profitability and sales growth.
- Manage and coach the senior sales leadership team to develop leads, actively target and follow-up with clients, identify and prioritize profitable business opportunities in liaison and with the support of the Corporate.
- Define and align the go to market strategy for each solution and appropriately execute a sales plan with the on ground sales team.
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations.
- Maintain effective relationships with customers
- Promote Techno Brain as a company in the market to ensure brand recognition and awareness.
2. Strategic Planning and Execution
- Research on continental landscapes and business trends to understand the country specific markets, global exigencies and competitor forces to augment business strategy.
- Confer with Senior Management to plan sales objectives, develop sales organizational model & processes, prioritize opportunities and resources, coordinate functions between departments, and establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives.
- Forecast sales trends, pipeline and plan activities and resources effectively.
- Build effective partnerships internally and externally to drive business and position Techno Brain in the market.
- Budget and control costs to ensure financial sustainability.
- Streamline and optimize the internal processes to maximize customer satisfaction, partner engagement and team productivity.
- Provide leadership for the Solutions Sales Division by defining the vision and providing input and guidance to the sales teams at regional, country of business unit level.
- Performance Management: Manage employee performance e.g. Weekly/monthly continuous performance discussions and provision of feedback. Translate strategy into executable plans while motivating your team with clear direction by setting clear goals and KPIs each quarter.
- Succession Planning: Develop the next leadership bench in your team through identifying and working with HR in developing your team’s talent potential e.g. coach, mentor and facilitate development of direct reports.
- Behavioural Role Model: Emulate Techno Brain’s corporate values through your behaviour such as rewarding and voicing support for good behaviours as much as you reward technical competence.
- Team Engagement: Engage their employees and manage diversity within the workplace by encouraging and personally participating in employee engagement activities.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Revenue and Sales Target generated
- Achievement of strategic objectives.
- of new business
- Stakeholder satisfaction
- productivity of the sales force
- Performance Management: Evidence of no. of performance conversations per week/month with individuals in team
- Succession Planning: % of high potential individuals identified for succession planning in team
- Behavioural Role Model: % of cases, warnings or issues arising from the team members
- Engagement: % of team-building activities and positive feedback received during HR Connect.
- Master’s degree in related field from a recognised university;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- Relevant professional qualification
- Member of a relevant professional body
- 12 years’ relevant experience with 5 years in leadership level Experience in the ICT industry in Strategic Sales positions.
- Experience in managing revenue generation functions and Sales operations for a MNC, meeting and exceeding targets
- Deep understanding of IT Solutions and products in enterprise and Public Sector Segments.
- Experience in working on large tenders, creating business opportunities
- Experience in managing large bid process, related documentation, pricing and competitor analysis.
- Management of sales, sales administration, CRM and Reporting
- Experience in conducting in regular sales review for the large team
- Working experience in African market, handling both public and private sector clients.
- Should have experience in working with diverse, multicultural teams
- Proven ability to drive the sales life cycle process from plan to close
- Experience on hire, retain and motivate sales team across the group.
- Experience in working with large partners and understand the partner ecosystems
- Demonstrable experience in developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Ability to build and maintain deep relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Excellent follow-through skills: keeps focused on what is required and will be able to demonstrate where they have led effective change
- Keen business sense, with the ability to find creative business-oriented solutions to problems
- Proven success with sales in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Excellent listening, negotiation, presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity.
- Decision making.
- Ability to interpret long term plans, programs and budgets developed senior management level.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Business/Financial Acumen, Business Savvy, Innovative.
- Ability to develop plans, programs, SOPS, and coordination of workflows.
- Strategic management skills.
- Proven willingness to develop others potential within their teams.
- Effective and demonstrated leadership skills for goal achievement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High Emotional Intelligence and enthusiasm needed to motivate a team to performance
- Work experience in fast-growth environment.
- Agile and resilient and shows interest in continuous personal development.
POSSIBLE CAREER PROGRESSION
Can take promotional steps into the following roles Chief Operations Officer,CEO, if the following skills and experience are demonstrated in current role:
- Demonstrated success in revenue generation and strategic and tactical leadership
- In depth understanding of Global market trends and competitor landscapes
- Exceptional time management, multiple deal engagement and strategic thinking skills