Our Client is a leading Insurance Company and the world class
insurer of choice for over 30 years. They consistently provide innovative,
unique and affordable products and services that exceed customers’
expectations. They are looking to recruit a General Manager – Operations to be based in Nairobi. The Ideal Candidate Must have an MBA/Business
related Master’s degree, ACII/AIIK
qualifications and 10+ years
relevant experience with 5 years at
a Senior Management level.
- Participate in formulating & administering
company policies to meet business & profitability growth objectives.
- Direct and coordinate departmental activities to
develop & implement long-range goals & objectives.
- Review and analyze activities, costs, operations &
forecast data to determine departmental progress.
- Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of
various departments within the organization.
- Prepare and control operational budgets. In liaison
with the Principal Officer.
- Liaise with Management to develop strategic plans
for operational activity, implement & manage operational plans.
- Liaise with the Ops & Procurement Manager to produce
an annual business plan identifying key area for growth & financial
- Liaise with the HR & Admin Manager to create a
professional working environment where employees are trained, appraised & managed
in a fair & consistent manner.
- Ensure all financial targets are communicated to
teams & full understanding is maintained at all levels.
- Liaise with the ICT Manager, ensure that there is
seamless implementation of the ICT strategic plan.
- Prepare periodic operational reports for management and
- Plan &
Implement procedures & systems to maximise operating efficiency within all
- Must have an MBA or any
Business related master’s degree.
- Must have a University
- Relevant insurance professional qualifications e.g. ACII/AIIK.
- Must have 10+ years relevant
experience; 5+ years at a Senior Management level.
- Must have Good knowledge of
the insurance industry.
- Must be able to demonstrate their leadership
- Must possess excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Focused, charismatic, confident
individual with high level of integrity
- Proficient in insurance management
software packages preferably experience working with an ERP system.
- Knowledge of insurance industry laws, legal
codes, precedents and court processes.
- Knowledge of IRA, KRA, AKI regulations
and country laws.
- Knowledge of business management
principles involved in strategic decision making, & coordination of people
Monthly Gross Salary: 600, 000 – 700, 000
/= Gross (Approx. 6,000 – 7, 000 USD)
Deadline: 17thSeptember 2018.
Job Category: Executive Level.
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
endeavor to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high
volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us
within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion.
This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep
an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and
Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a
pre-employment or post-employment requirement***