Reports to: Board of Directors
Provides supervision to: Accountant, ICT Officer, Field Officers and Interns
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
- Optimal and efficiency of ACK Talent SACCO operations
- Grow Talent SACCO membership and customer base through outreach and expansion of field network
- Grow Talent SACCO Loan book in line with budget while sustaining high asset quality – 5%
- Grow Talent SACCO Savings level to fund the portfolio growth
- Grow Talent SACCO funding base to supplement savings mobilized and bridge any funding gap
- Grow Talent SACCO non-interest income through product innovation
- Deliver and sustain distinct and exceptional customer experience unmatched in the market
- Be the official spokesperson and represent the SACCO in all forums while upholding the highest level of integrity.
Key tasks & outputs
Vision, Mission and SACCO purpose
- Ensures that the objectives and policies set by the Board are fully implemented, complied with and met
- Develops, monitors and implements annual and three year business plan
- Reports to the board regularly both in written and verbal form
- Develop with the board of directors key performance indicators
- Heads the Management Team comprising of Accountant, Field Officers, ICT Officer, Office assistant and interns
- Offers day to day strategic planning in business growth and development
- Supervises the day to day SACCO operations through the field Officers/credit officers to ensure that targets set & agreed upon are met
- Principal advisor of the Talent SACCO Board on all matters in relation to the entire SACCO core business
- Exchanges information with peer General Managers and other financial institutions and secures an adequate information flow within the SACCO operations.
- Develops, acquires and maintains the necessary grants, credit lines, and other financial and non-financial resources necessary to meet the SACCO’s objectives
- Develops realistic funding projections to meet the needs of the SACCO
- Ensures that annual financial report and budgets are prepared for the board on time
- Recommends yearly budget for board approval and prudently manages Talent SACCO’s resources within those budget guidelines
- Plans and ensures the implementation of an adequate and timely reporting system with focus on SACCO’s asset quality, liquidity, capital adequacy & provisioning
- Champions the efforts in managing loan delinquency by closely monitoring the zones and ensuring strict compliance to all policies and procedures
- Actively leads organizational response to the field with unacceptable portfolio quality
- Growth of Talent SACCO membership base through outreach, attraction and retention strategies supported by expansion to new zones/dioceses.
- Growth of Talent SACCO loan portfolio in line with budget
- Champions the efforts in mobilizing savings from the members to fund growth
- Ensures that policies and procedures are applied consistently & uniformly across all field operations
- Coordinates with the Board, Five Talents Kenya and Five Talents International to make sure that the SACCO is adequately facilitated from a capacity, liquidity and resource perspective
- Coordinates with the Board and Five Talents Kenya in planning personnel capacity of the SACCO
- Coordinates with MIS / IT Department in monitoring or reporting related issues, and resolves the issues at the soonest time possible
- Generates primary business planning data
- Coordinates with the SACCO stakeholders in development of the SACCO’s business plan which guides operations
- Prepares annual operating plan consist with the business and Strategic Plan
- Ensures the SACCO operates under a current business plan at all time
Marketing and Product development
- Collaborates and coordinates with key stakeholders to drive effective marketing and product initiatives at field level
- Develops proposals for further improvement of business generation, including concepts for new products and services;
- Coordinates with the staff and Board in the planning and initiation of promotional measures
Operational Policy Formulation & procedures
- Proposes to the Board any changes or enhancements to the SACCO operations manual
- Ensures compliance to all existing regulations, policies and procedures across the business uniformly
- Oversees the implementation of the internal control systems, ensuring the smooth running of the business and safeguarding the SACCO’s assets;
- Follows-up with the concerned team members on any actions required from the SACCO operation as recommended by the audit findings;
- Resolves all issues within the framework of existing SASRA regulations and management decisions.
Performance Management and staff development
- Ensures that the SACCO staff receive adequate training; Participates in development/ reviews of curriculum for training of the Field Officers;
- Collaborates closely with FTK in matters of training both new and in-service staff
- Undertakes performance appraisals and staff development plans for all supervised staff.
- Coordinates with the FTK and Board in planning personnel capacity of the branches;
- Strategic management
- Achieving results through people
- Team and collaborative relationship building
- Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly
- Innovative and aggressive in business growth
- Must be a committed leader upholding high standards of integrity
- Analytical with a keen eye to spot business opportunities.
- Perform other duties as required by the Board.
Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- University Degree in economics, accounting or business administration. A Diploma is Cooperative Management is much desired.
- Extensive experience (over 5 years) in SACCO/banking/microfinance credit and deposit taking operations.
- Determined personality with initiative, perseverance and the ability to motivate and manage a team
- Capability and willingness to take responsibility and highly developed sense of rectitude
- Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the SACCO Ideals and Core Values
- Be a good trainer, facilitator, mentor, and coach
- Very good communication and marketing skills
- Good knowledge in economic and financial disciplines
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / CONDITIONS:
- Office environment: Combination of typical office and field
- Travel: 50% Domestic travel is required.
- On call: When called upon outside normal working hours