The successful will handle implementation and
maintenance of the necessary systems and controls to safeguard the company’s
business and maintain the integrity of its financial data and operations.
- Be responsible for the day to day operations of the business by overseeing Marketing Strategies, Budgeting, Stock Management, Order processing, Billing and Cost Accounting, Cash and Expense controls, Product Data entry, Stock Delivery and Dispatch Orders.
- Bank Reconciliations, Bank Deposits, and track bank deposits and payments, manage the accounts payables and receivables, issuance and posting petty cash, Prepare, send and store invoices, update internal accounting databases and spreadsheets, contact clients and send reminders to ensure timely payments,
- Liase with Kenya Revenue Authority, Kenya Ports Authority, Department of Fisheries, County Health Department and Clearing Agents for the processing of import documents for clearing of fish imports.
- Implement a strict internal control framework, with adequate checks and balances, to mitigate against the risk of fraud or error.
- Ensure that the company does not have stock outs, and that orders are placed in a timely manner for all replenishment.
- Monthly financial stock takes and investigate all variances which arise and explain these to management.
- Analyze transaction data and make recommendations on general business optimization.
- Ensure that the company is fully compliant with all KRA tax and financial obligations from National and County Government such as Health Licenses, Business Permits, Fire Department etc.
- Develop and track department key performance indicators and provide regular feedback to the team on these and any areas in need of improvement.
- Manage the annual external audit and present the draft audited accounts to the Senior Management for review and sign off.
- Provide monthly cash flow forecasts for senior management to review and sign off on.
- Prepare monthly financial reports on company performance, and ensure any issues are investigated and explained.
- Responsible for the safe custody of records and company assets
- Manage obligations to suppliers, customers and third-party vendors and Resolve any disputes or issues raised by the customers and staff.
- MUST have experience working in a busy warehouse or distribution company or fish industry and knowledge of the markets in the Coast Region -Kilifi, Lamu and Mombasa Counties( Mtwapa, Kikambala Shanzu, Bamburi, Majengo, Kisauni, Bombolulu, Mariakani, Miritini, Kaloleni, Likoni , Ukunda etc)
- Must have knowledge of documentation processes in the fish import, export and local trade.
- MUST have hands-on experience with computer accounting software such as QuickBooks
- MUST have advanced knowledge of Word Processors (Excel, (using financial formulas and creating spreadsheets) Access, Publisher, Word etc , projection of charts, tables, graphs for business trends and financial analysis.
- Proven work experience as an Accountant or Book Keeper or similar role
- MUST have Good knowledge of book keeping procedures and debt collection.
- Routine accounting work such as balancing of cash books, advances ledgers etc.
- Solid data entry skills with an ability to identify numerical errors
- Good organizational and time-management abilities
- Ability to advise critically and appraise policies and procedures and make suggestions for improvements. Adaptable and flexible with the ability to drive change and transformation.
- Committed to professional values and work ethics with a high sense of integrity.
- Able to lead, motivate and bring the best out of a team of professionals.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Procurement, Sales & Marketing
- Diploma in any of the above fields with at least 3 years work experience
ADDED ADVANTAGE: Persons who are residents of Mombasa region with experience working in a fish industry in the Coastal Region is an added advantage
SALARY- Dependent on knowledge demonstrated experience.
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please submit your application letter, CV, academic qualifications and any testimonials or referees quoting the job title before 30th July 2019.