ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED ONLY THROUGH THIS LINK, PLEASE APLPY HERE: https://grnh.se/ad5427951
Reporting to the CFO, the Global Finance Controller will manage the financial information at One Acre Fund that inspires internal decision-making and gives external partners the comfort to continue supporting us to achieve our bold growth goals and vision.
You will lead a team of 35+ to manage the finance data from initiation of transactions, through review all the way to final reporting. The functional responsibilities of your team include accounting, reporting, compliance, disbursements/AP, cash management and systems improvement.
You will ensure that One Acre Fund has the systems in place to support program scale and coordinate audits in all 10+ countries of operation. You will work with the CFO to harmonize financial operations, develop financial strategies, monitor all financial activities, ensure compliance with finance and tax regulations, and maintain good relationships with external service providers.
You will oversee:
- Directly manage the leads of reporting, compliance, and operations
- Systematize performance monitoring through indicators to shape a result-oriented team
- Provide leadership in enhancing the customer service centrist approach to the team's work
- Recruit and develop an excellent finance team
Operations, Reporting & Compliance
- Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
- Prepare and provide periodic financial performance reports
- Oversee all external audits as needed by donors and for national regulators
- Ensure that all of our financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation
- Use tech tools and data to increase the value-added by finance
- Identify, champion and implement improvements that strengthen the ICOFR
We are looking for passionate finance professionals who combine leading with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Over ten years of experience in a senior management role with both external audit and in-house financial management (large multinational experience a plus)
- People management skills with the ability to engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Experience monitoring and improving control policies to ensure compliance
- Combine the ability to participate in and shape strategic discussions with a willingness to zoom-in to the detail and troubleshoot underlying root causes
- Business/Accounting degree or CPA (or equivalent) mandatory, master's or certification in related field a plus
- Excellent written and spoken English
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience.
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES NO; EAST AFRICANS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.