The Standard Group comprises The Standard Newspaper, The Nairobian, KTN, Radio Maisha, Standard Digital and Think Outdoor Services.
Reporting to the Chief Graphic Designer
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This role is responsible for creatively originating and executing broadcast designs in conformance with the broadcast visual policy.
• Originating and ideating designs for visual assets and illustrations according to various written briefs. E.g.
Commercials and Montages for various shows and news features.
• Developing and re-designing KTN corporate identity visuals in line with the Group’s broadcast Visual policy.
• Re-designing of station indents, programme properties and news templates
• Originating and developing physical and virtual sets and on-air assets in line with the brief using the ORAD system and 3D based platforms
• Participating in generation, improvement, sustenance, and implementation of the visual policy e.g. News intros and in-house production shows.
• Troubleshooting, remedying and reporting on creations, illustrations and creative processes ·
• Communicating and interacting productively with client departments
• Briefing the team leader and/or manager fully on all assignments and progress thereof
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Diploma in Graphics Design and Animation or a related field from a recognized institution
• Two (2) years relevant experience
SKILLS AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES
• Judgment or discretion required
• Ability to make independent decisions
• Knowledge of routine(s)
• ORAD on air graphics
• Good people skills and the ability to work in a team
• Apt thinker
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenge, visit our website www.
standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply.
This is on a one year contractual basis subject to review.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.