About the Organization.
We are a growing social enterprise aimed at increasing access to contraceptives in Kenya and Uganda. We are one of the largest private providers of family planning and reproductive health products in the developing world, with a presence in over 30 countries. We are a dynamic, entrepreneurial and health-minded organization where individuals can make a difference in improving the lives of people in Kenya and Uganda.
We are looking for dynamic, committed, and success-driven individuals to fill a part-time position as a Graphic Designer to support the marketing department.
Graphic Designer Role:
The Graphic Designer will work part-time several days a week at the company office (with some time remote) to support the Marketing Department in the development, revision, and production of high-quality marketing materials. Such materials include product merchandise (t-shirt, posters, caps, etc), brochures, catalogues, posters, billboards, website graphics, and other activities and materials as assigned.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on a variety of briefs to develop and design high quality materials for the company to use in promoting its products, brands, and corporate identity.
- Effectively employ color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and layout techniques when designing projects and materials.
- At a minimum, be effective at: studying design briefs to determine requirements, conceptualizing visuals, preparing and presenting ideas, using appropriate colors and layouts, working with marketing team for final design, testing graphics on various media, amending designs, and ensuring designs are on brand.
- Creatively produce new ideas, designs, and concepts as well as contribute to creative briefs as required.
- Design and develop print and electronic material designs as required – including materials for merchandise, brochures, banners, billboards, posters, magazines, websites, packaging, displays, newsletters, etc.
- Translate data into easy-to-understand graphics and presentations.
- Effectively use the latest software and technology to ensure high quality designs and materials are developed.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent field
- At least 3-4 years demonstrated experience working directly in the field of graphic design, preferably for mass market brands
- Advanced proficiency in necessary software and technologies (preferably with Adobe Illustrator and additional experience with Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Mailchimp, etc)
- Ability to work methodically and on deadline – willing to go the extra mile to complete work on time
- Creative mind with new ideas to bring life to the company
- Extremely high attention to detail – strives for perfection in design and content.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A keen eye for design aesthetics and details.
- Must have functional computer to work with on part-time and at home basis – the company will provide necessary software subscriptions.
To Apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, CV, minimum 3 references, salary expectations and at least 5 examples of recent graphic design work.