The successful candidate must be an expert in horticulture, plant cultivation, pest and disease control and greenhouse technology. He/She will be responsible to operate the Greenhouse to obtain the maximum crop production of main vegetables - tomato and cucumber etc.
- Maintain the Green Houses condition and overlooking the technical problems.
- Organizing the daily activities run by the agricultural workers.
- Supervising the harvesting process, land preparation, laying beds, planting, cleaning weeds, pruning etc.
- Monitoring the plant, preparing the nutrition and fertilizing throughout the plant life cycle.
- Controlling the Green House production in term of quantifying the crop quality standard ( Grade 1,2 ).
- Monitoring the Greenhouses on hourly basis to maintain the adequate water flow and supervise the plant shape.
- Defining the production problem and identifying the quantity of pesticides and fertilizers required.
- Maintain the quality standard of the crops, and to classify the harvested crops into grades.
- Supervise the insecticide spraying and maintain the safety assurance of the workers by providing the suitable uniforms, gloves, and safety shoes.
- To decide on the suitable crop to grow depending on the market needs.
- To plan and assure that the Green Houses are all in different stages of the plant life cycle.
- Prepare for experimental planting of various crops to test the possibility of planting them within the Green Houses in the future.
- Bachelor degree in Agriculture or related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of agriculture (Specialization in GH is preferable).
- Problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent Team player.
- Very good Leadership skills.
- Fluency in English – knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
Monthly Gross Salary: USD 600 net + accommodation and other benefits
Deadline: 10th December 2017
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***