To be Africa’s Most User Centric Marketplace Company
Your Mission in our Vision
Your mission is to attract the best people, enable employees to maximum performance and make ROAM an employer of choice.
Your role is to develop and drive the group’s talent strategy in order to build and maintain a high performance team across the group. You are passionate about people and champion the culture. You help to make ROAM an employer of choice by implementing initiatives that foster a challenging work environment where employees are engaged and passionate about what they do.
Location: Nairobi or Lagos
Reporting into: Group CEO
- Country HR Managers
- Assistant to the Group Head of HR
- Develop and implement ROAM Africa talent strategy; Operationalize strategies to become a better employer and place to work every single day
- Develop Objectives and Key Results for the HR Teams
- Develop and oversee the performance management process across the group
- Manage, and train a team of strong HR managers
- Support and coach senior leaders across ROAM Africa regarding best HRM practices.
- Ensure company’s Payroll Administration is completed in a timely manner according to set out procedures.
- Ensure risk mitigation throughout employee cycle and labour law compliance across ROAM Africa.
- Recruitment and on-boarding of senior management.
- Coordinate Training and (Management) Development plans and activities for the company. Advice on training opportunities keeping budget restrictions in mind.
- Develop and manage the talent management department budget.
- Build the ROAM employer brand
- Liaise with the Group CEO on any PR and external communication
- Champion ROAM culture and values across the group
- Provide HR advisory services to the executive leadership team
- Provide for HR reporting and undertake other lawful duties as may be assigned by the Group CEO / CFO.
Key skills and competencies
- 8+ years of experience as an HR generalist or management consultant with HR experience in leading organizations
- Bachelors or Masters Degree; 1st quartile graduation scores
- Current IHRM practicing certificate (for Kenya)
- Strong practical understanding and application of different African labour laws
- Passionate and energetic character, wanting to make a true difference
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and an exceptionally well developed results orientation
- Experience in a digital and millennial environment
- Strong EQ, excellent interpersonal abilities; must love working with people and be able to handle difficult conversations effectively
- Experience managing remote teams
- Demonstrate strong abilities as an organizer, relationship builder, negotiator, problem solver and public speaker.
- Experience with Payspace an added value