Job Category: Management
Reports To: Group Legal Manager
Direct Reports: Legal Assistant
Location / Branch: Thika Town
- Provides legal support including drafting of contracts and advice to all departments and subsidiaries of the Company.
- Provides necessary operational legal framework such as standard contracts for use within Broadway Group and its subsidiaries.
- Review, negotiate and draft legal contracts and other legal documents to successful conclusions in terms of contract construction and sign off.
- Performs and assigns general litigation services for the Company.
- Works with the subsidiary companies in the development of agreements with public and private entities for the acquisition and implementation of services and projects.
- Directs all aspects of litigation of claims by and against the Group of companies, including but not limited to personal injury, contract, environmental, discrimination and workers' compensation claims.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of in-house and outside legal counsel retained by the Company for one or more specialized types of assignments.
- Assists with Company Secretarial work including taking minutes and preparing Board packs. Keeps abreast with the changing legal climate and advices the companies accordingly.
- Recommends opportunities or required changes to take advantage of new legal and regulatory developments and likely trends Process.
- Maintains familiarity with general legal areas such as torts, contracts, ethics, Conveyance, litigation and arbitration, as well as with assigned areas of legal specialization and related technical fields
- Ensure compliance to Laws, By-Laws and legislative requirements in all corporate matters.
- Review and provide legal advice on tender documents.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- In charge of registers such as the title, seal, logbook and company registration documents.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Keeps track of all conveyance matters and instructions to external advocates.
- Follow up on advocates fee notes to external advocates.
- Negotiating with outside parties, outside counsel, vendors and clients.
- Anticipating and mitigating potential legal problems involving the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Delivery of key standard contracts to SBUs.
- Coordination of external legal counsel
- Keeping abreast of new laws in relations to the SBUs.
- Providing risk management advice to management and the SBUs.
- Diploma in Law (Kenya School of Law)
- Degree in Law
- Advocate of the High court of Kenya
- Computer skills
- 4 Years’ work experience.