Salary: 25,000 + Tips
- To plan, prepare, cook and present appropriate menu items (both food and drinks) suitable to the facility’s main activities, ensuring food items are age appropriate to the standards required by the facility and the client.
- To be conversant with, execute and serve buffet and a la carte menus at a high quality.
- To forecast food production accurately. Ensuring that consistency in food preparation is adhered to at all times while controlling food costs by maintaining accurate records of all food ingredients used in the Restaurant.
- To prepare a variety of pizzas using a clay oven and co-ordinate the production of the same by children.
- To ensure supplies are correctly issued, used and accounted for to carry out stock takes and food rotation procedures, maintaining freshness of food items. Sustaining profit targets by ensuring zero wastage, breakages, and theft and guest dissatisfaction.
- Responsible for all food orders, storerooms, fridges and deep freezers and maintain supplier information.
- To ensure that the facility’s reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the customers. Evaluating guest complains and compliments and implementing diagnosis
- To aid in the recruitment and management of all kitchen staff, including assigning work duties as required to both kitchen staff and waiters/waitresses.
- To ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards are as required by the Ministry of Health.
- Responsible for training staff that report to them & implement appropriate and high quality kitchen standards.
- Operate kitchen within budget – food, people and other overhead costs
- Record production and operational data on specified forms and books.
- Providing input where appropriate to the marketing of the facility and the interface between food and other activities on the property.
Knowledge, Expertise & Experience
- At least 3+ years relevant experience in a busy kitchen environment (diploma or certificate from reputable hospitality college will be an added advantage).
- Passion for creating fabulous and healthy food
- Excellent communication skills, good organisational ability, perfectly groomed at all times with attention to personal hygiene especially while handling food (possession of a valid Food Handlers Certificate will be an added advantage).
- Proactive and driven person who has career ambitions
- Able to demonstrate a professional, enthusiastic and flexible attitude towards all customers. Should be able to show dependability, high tolerance for stress, leadership and attention to detail.
- Computer literate especially with the use of MS Word and MS Excel.
- Excellent customer service