The Chef responsibilities will include studying recipes, setting up menus and preparing high-quality dishes. The chef should be able to delegate tasks to kitchen staff to ensure meals are prepared in a timely manner. The role involves all the regular duties associated with preparation and cooking of food, maintaining highest professional food quality & presentation. Also, you should be familiar with sanitation regulations. Ultimately, the successful candidate will prepare and deliver a complete menu that delights our guests.
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge
- Understanding of recipes and gather all necessary ingredients
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary handling practices.
- Ensure appealing plate presentation
- Supervise Cooks and assist as needed
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests
- Monitor food stock and place orders
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Proven work experience as a Chef or Cook
- Culinary school diploma preferred
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and pasta makers)
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
- Leadership skills
- Excellent time management abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations
- Exhibit effective verbal and written communication in multiples venues and/or settings.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh. 100,000 – 120,000 (Approx. 1000 – 1200 USD) depending on individual skills and experience.
Career Level: Lower Middle Level
Education: Diploma Certificate
Location: Dar es salaam, Tanzania
Deadline: 10th February 2018
endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high
volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us
within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion.
This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep
an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***