The Kenyan Alliance Insurance is a leading Insurance and Financial Services Company offering a wide range of financial products and services in insurance. The product range includes Healthcare, Life insurance, General insurance, pensions, investment planning, wealth management and retirement planning.
As part of our growth strategy, the Company seeks to recruit a dynamic, passionate, innovative and result orientated professional to the below position;
Title: Head - Life and Pension Business
Assist the management in the development of organization policies and goals that cover operations, personnel, financial performance, and growth of the various business units under Life and Pension business. Oversee all customer facing positions (customer care, and professional services) as well as quality assurance, product development activities, and product management relating to Life Business at Kenyan Alliance.
Central to this role is building positive and lasting relationships between Kenyan Alliance and its customers.
Key Results Areas
- Participate in the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon the strategic plans and objectives;
- To manage life and pension business operations in line with the company’s Policies and guidelines;
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes in line with the strategic objectives.
- Provide leadership for management of life fund and Pension in tandem with regulatory requirement and other areas of general management;
- Continuously propose the basis and scope of new insurance contracts and pricing for life products for marker competitiveness;
- Carry out market intelligence to ensure the company is in tandem with the industry trends and adopt product pricing mechanisms that ensure profitability;
- Put in place control mechanisms that enable a measure of service satisfaction by agents, brokers, customers and the regulator;
- Continuously review and propose business handling procedures by recommending possible measures to enhance the company’s competitive ability;
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality;
- Carry out Market Intelligence and Research on new business potential in traditional and non-traditional sectors and subsequently formulating plans for developing and launching relevant insurance products.
Education and Key Competencies Key Qualifications, Skills and Competencies Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field, A Master’s Degree in Business will be an added advantage.
- ACII or AKI graduate
- At least 5 years’ managerial experience developing and maintaining business growth with tangible results and managing senior level staff;
- Thorough understanding of budgeting, accounting and financial reporting and analysis;
- Ability to work at both the strategic and tactical levels;
- Strong leadership skills and focused, charismatic, confident individual with high level of integrity;
- Specialist training in General Management, Life Business Underwriting and or Claims Management.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details.
- Ability to create trends and innovative products from a myriad of information.
- Strong personality with ability to build strong teams and drive staff performance
- Good written/verbal communication skills.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualification should send your application letter and CV only with at least three referees stating the current and expected remuneration on or before 21st December, 2018 quoting the reference Number on the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.