Booking Office Related:
• Ensure all branch staff members are well trained to perform their duties, look, feel and service at all branch offices is standardized
• Ensure all business permits and licenses renewals are timely done
• Ensure all office operations are as per company guidelines
• Come up with sales target and push branches to deliver them
• Ensure all branches are adequately staffed with proper roasters
• Control branch sales and expenses, ensure profitability
• Ensure customers service standards are maintained- we deliver the promise
• Ensure all crew are trained on health and safety while at work, and attend the required refresher courses quarterly
• All crew to have first aid certificate in emergency aid and basic fire training annually
• Ensure all crew members have the required documentation i.e. valid driver’s licenses, psv and good conduct
• Develop the Bus Operations budget; monitor and control expenditures
• Identify new markets for providing contract buses and any other transport deliverable (NGO , Corporates, Schools)
• Identify and take corrective measures for bottlenecks setting back the team on reaching goals
• Develop and supervise methods for dispatching vehicles as per the schedule and operators in such a way as to maximize cost-effectiveness and system productivity
• Routinely gathering, tabulating, and analyzing transit data
• Ensure all vehicles are operating with the required legal documents (Insurance, Inspection, TLB, Speed Governor)
• Projection and forecasting for all peak season in co-ordination with workshop and booking offices
• Ensure customer care handles all customer queries within 24 hours and directing investigations to verify and resolve customer complaints in and effective and satisfactory manner
• Ensure all Branches offices, vehicles are branded according to company branding guidelines
• Report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports on the trends and information for decision making. Develop delivery strategies to counter competition
• Interviewing, selecting, coaching, training, managing, and appraising the performance of bus operations personnel.
• Working closely with the maintenance/workshop department on bus operations related matters, ensuring off road days for vehicles is at minimum at all times. Controlling breakdown and keeping it low as per target
• Set goals for team on time, aligned to business objectives
• Provide on the job mentoring and
• Identify training programs & developmental interventions to enable higher performance.
• Conduct regular performance reviews and give timely feedback.
• Connect and engage with team for higher motivation and retention.
• Public transportation operations, NTSA Rules, Traffic Act laws and statutory requirements for operating PSV vehicles in East and Central Africa.
• Financial management and budgeting, customer centric approach
• General maintenance of vehicles and operational costs
• Managing big teams- up to 100 staff, both skilled and unskilled labor
• Cross border regulations and requirements on movement of passengers and cargo
• Optimum resource utilization
• Analysis of financial and bus operations data and reports for decision making.
• Market trend and customer behavior trend understanding
Generic and behavioral Skills:
• Proficient with MS Office- Word and excel tools
• Language proficiency English and Kiswahili
• Understand numbers and analyze them
• Transport software knowledge
• People Management
• Planning & Execution
• Delegation & Control
• Risk Management
• Sales & Marketing Skills
Education and Experience
• Bachelors in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting knowledge would be preferred.
• 7 years’ experience in managing fleet of 50 Vehicles, with last 3 years in a managerial capacity in a busy environment