Reports to: Deputy Managing Partner in Charge of Business Development & Client Service
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
The Head of Business Development is a full-time role within TripleOklaw LLP, reporting to the Deputy Managing Partner in charge of BD and CS and leading sales development, relationship management, bidding and awards, CSR/CSI, events and sponsorship, branding and marketing (digital) communication teams.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leadership and management of the sales development, relationship management, bidding and awards, CSR/CSI, events and sponsorship and marketing (digital) communication teams, fostering a team-based culture, ensuring positive interactions with other teams within the firm and other external stakeholders.
- Manage and maintain a highly motivated team of direct reports who work to execute the job holders’ responsibilities.
- The proactive engagement of the existing client base in order to grow the market share of the firm.
- In agreement with the Deputy Managing Partner, create and implement sales plans to grow income in target clients within the legal markets locally, regionally and globally.
- Working with the firm partners and/ or team leaders to agree on positioning strategies for their practice areas.
- Manage above the line (ATL) and below the line (BTL) marketing communication in all digital, print and online media on behalf of the firm.
- Overseeing all activities and annual renewal processes for all sponsorship and membership subscription for the firm.
- Responsible for the acquisition of new clients through relationship management tendering and prequalification and making direct calls to potential clients.
- Oversee all the CRS and Pro Bono matters of the firm.
- Organizing, executing and monitoring all client events on behalf of the firm, with the support of the advocates and other support departments.
- Planning, coordinating and managing the BD departmental budget.
- In-charge of all reporting and producing of reports of all activities within the departments and the firm as required by the Managing partner.
- Identify, develop and maintain technical and commercial awareness of the capabilities and operations on the competitive landscape and reporting back to the firm and the Deputy Managing Partner to inform the firm’s strategy and tactical plans
- Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as may be expected of the role and as necessary in order to achieve the objectives of the function and the firm’s goals.
Education, Skills & Knowledge
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Proficiency in IT and digital communication tools
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at all levels including presenting information at board of director level
- Strong negotiation skills and knowledge of commercial agreements and frameworks
- Experienced in accounts management and support
- Able to lead a team and be a member of a leadership team
- Able to deal with varied tasks and to work under pressure to meet deadlines and targets
- Able to work effectively and responsibly without close supervision
- Able to negotiate with all types of clients
- Capable of agile thinking to provide fast, accurate answers to questions
- Demonstrable influencing skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Business Development and/or Client Service management at middle to senior level in legal, banking, insurance, industrial, fast moving consumer goods or any other related field
- Experience in the use of computer software applications
- Demonstrate a high level of personal merit and performance at a senior level
- Demonstrate a capacity to lead and develop initiatives within a strategic framework
- Experience in an organization involved in legal work legal firm
- Experience in launching new products
- Experience in managing a team