Are you the next addition our Lipa Later Family?
We are aligning, recruiting and building a Team of industry leaders and influencers who will shape the future and determine the next frontiers of the retail and consumer market in Africa.
We provide an autonomous working platform and environment that breeds cohesion and team work towards the achievement of common goals, all while creating “cool” and revolutionary products and services.
We seek to provide a road map to self-fulfilment and our culture embodies tenets of support, collaboration and innovation.
What is Lipa Later?
Lipa Later is a risk free, point of sale credit option that allows retailers to sell goods and services in affordable monthly installments.
We utilize financial inclusion and data driven retail networks to increase the purchasing power of the 1-billion+ African consumers.
We are a financial partner that makes living more affordable and everyone’s dream come true.
Your role should you be successful:
- Analyse progressing trends that affect the collectibles of the portfolio and isolate potential problem areas.
- Monitor loan repayments regionally, initiate/recommend course of action.
- Manage relationships with External Service providers on NPA matters i.e. Credit Reference Bureau, Debt collectors, auctioneers etc.
- Champion and lead all collection activities i.e. field visits (on a need basis) and telephone calls to follow up on payments from NPA debtors.
- Ensure timely reporting on the portfolio health.
- Monitor debt collection response cycles and contacts as well as credit control performance.
- Define resource management, work prioritization and procedures, to maximize productivity and success levels.
- Report and monitor all risks associated with debt recovery.
- Generate compliance reports for use in decision making and performance appraisals.
- Implementing and enforcing laid down policy in as far as is applicable within areas of responsibility.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Management.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in debt collection or at least two (2) years’ experience in microfinance.
- Bachelors Degree in a Business-related field.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Proficiency in usage of debt record databases.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- A good listener.
- Aggressive and persistent personality.
- Works well with minimal supervision.
- Report writing and presentation skills.