An international travel company is looking
to recruit a Head of Credit Control personnelfor their Nairobi office.
The Head of Credit Control will be
reporting to the Director of Finance. The Candidate should be handoff and firm
and able to work in a
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Overall responsibility for the credit
management function and oversee the underwriting / credit control of all
• In liaison with the Director of Finance,
prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
• Checking customer’s credit ratings with
• Negotiate payment plans with customers
• Assist in the recruitment of other staff
members to the team and to the overall development of the Credit
department in line with business needs
• Responsible for the administration and
direction of the credit department.
• Ensure timely and effective collection of
all debts and customers payment.
• Maintain accurate records of loans,
analyze the effectiveness of the company’s credit control system and
Implement changes to improve profitability and
reduce bad debts
• Maintaining contact with clients to
ensure invoices are clear for payment
• Resolving queries both internally and
externally around outstanding invoices
• Posting and allocating daily receipts to
• Providing accounts information to internal
• Other financial management duties
assigned by the Director of Finance.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in
accounting/finance and full CPA qualifications .
• Four or more years of experience in a
• Ability to work in a multicultural
diverse environment and under pressure;
• Demonstrated ability to handle
confidential information in a sensitive and tactful manner. Adhere to
strict confidentiality involving, staffing
concerns, financial records, and internal/external correspondence.
• Take decisive action on opportunities to
achieve specific outcomes. Convey a sense of urgency when
appropriate and persists in the face of
obstacles. Get results and adds value.
• Good verbal, written and interpersonal
communication skills in English
• Solid proficiency with Microsoft Office
Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) along with
an accounting software, preferably E Travel
• Ability to plan, manage and follow
through on assignments and communicate at all levels of the
organization in a timely and professional
• Ability to work independently and as a
member of a team with minimal supervision.