Reports to: FINANCE MANAGER
Salary: 115,000 Kes
You will oversee the efficient receipt, storage, value-adding servicing and dispatch of a wide variety of products. You will also be responsible for the overall supply chain management which is to organize and monitor storage and distribution of our products.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly. You must also manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
- Managing warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
- Overseeing receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations
- Setting up layout and ensure efficient space utilization
- Planning and managing logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Directing, optimizing and coordinating full order cycle
- Liaising and negotiating with suppliers, retailers and consumers
Duties and responsibilities
1) Stock Control
- Receive physical raw materials by verifying the LPO against the supplier’s delivery note for the quantities ordered and received then prepare a GRN.
- Verify the purchase invoice from the supplier against the LPO to confirm the right quantities and prices have been charged.
- Store the incoming supplies to their designated areas appropriately avoiding any damage to the goods.
- Maintain bin cards on real time individually for all items in stock. Physical stock must reconcile with the bin cards at any given time.
- When issuing the raw materials to the production department for a production run, ensure the finished goods received back are in line with the conversion ratios.
- Liaise with the Finance Manager on the buffer inventory levels. This communication must involve the production department, finance department, sales department and the management.
- Ensure each type of finished product is stacked in its designated slot without any damages.
- Liaise with the Sales manager on the orders in hand to fulfill timely dispatches and deliveries to clients.
- Produce reports and statistics on a daily basis and submit to the finance department. This report should include the daily ins and outs, damaged goods, obsolete goods, dead stock and goods below the required quality standard.
- Maintain updated contact and delivery records of suppliers and customers.
- Oversee stock levels to avoid under/over stocking.
2) Warehouse Management
- Set up the layout of the warehouse and ensure efficient space utilization
- You should be able to clearly label individual product slots to differentiate the products and avoiding mix up of products
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security with the warehouse at all times.
- Strategically manage the warehouse in compliance with the company’s policy and vision.
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
- Adhere to all warehousing handling legislation requirements.
3) Logistics Management
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process deliveries
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints immediately
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Ensure all vehicles are well maintained, clean and fully operational at any given time.
- Ensure that common spare parts of delivery vehicles are in stock avoiding time loss on a break down.
- Mitigate risks associated with all logistics.
4) Any job-related assignments as determined & directed by reporting authority.
- Collaborative personality and feels a sense of responsibility & ownership towards JTI’s employees, equipment and materials.
- Dynamic, ambitious and enjoys setting goals and motivating others to see the value in reaching those goals.
- Heavy desire to find and eliminate areas of waste in materials and processes so that simple improvements can be made.
- At least 5 years work experience as a warehouse and logistics manager
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of warehousing and logistics Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- BS degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Willing to be answerable for personal actions.
- Enjoys working with others and sees value in a team.
- Directly to the Finance manager
- May be required to report to the Production Manager
- May be required to report to the Managing Director.
Working Hours: Min 8 – 10 hours/day, 6 days/week.
Proposed Start Date: Immediately – Position is based full time in Nairobi, Kenya