- Ensure that machinery is properly handled
- Ensure security around equipment/machinery
- Oversee mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems
- Identify problems and provide solutions - Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Ensure Security is continuously in force and that equipment is properly secured when not in use
- Correct disposal of excavation waste
- Dam maintenance
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts – liaise with Head Office on parts requisitions
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles
- Schedule maintenance for industrial machines and equipment, and keep equipment service records
- Ensure optimisation and proper diesel and fuel usage
- Ensure discipline across Plant operators and Workshop teams
- Manage Tipper Truck Drivers and Operatives
- Mature, Qualified Mechanical Engineer
- Proven hands-on experience in similar role
- Must have a keen eye /Attention to Detail – being able to troubleshoot and fix problems
- Physically strong for heavy plant manipulation and manual dexterity
- Familiar with electronics, be able to read blueprints, or use electronic diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot repairs.