- Create a vision for ICT within the organisation, communicate it to employees and lead and motivate the team to achieve the vision.
- Develop an ICT strategy which identifies the future direction of the use of technology within the organisation to drive efficiencies. Research options for future ICT development.
- Provide advice to EMT and the Board on the application and use of ICT to provide excellent services working closely with the senior management team to overcome business challenges with the use of technology.
- Be a champion of change, optimising current IT solutions whilst promoting innovative solutions to operational challenges
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities. Prepare and implement project plans to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Procure, negotiate, manage and monitor of contracts for ICT services provided by third parties ensuring effective service delivery.
- Manage the relationships with contractors and suppliers
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- To be the senior technical manager and to contribute to the development, implementation and review of Gateway’s corporate strategies, annual project plans, policies and procedures
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with key partners and stakeholders.
- To ensure effective management of staff and resources promoting team building and collaborative working to deliver the corporate plan
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Must have solid experience in a similar role within a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Proactive and solutions-orientated in a multi-site environment
- Proven people management skills (managing a team of 2-3)
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Mature and flexible approach
- Graduate in IT