Penda Health is an award-winning private company that is transforming healthcare in Kenya by making extremely high-quality care accessible to every family and offer unparalleled patient experiences. Our vision is to be the most trusted healthcare provider in all of Africa. We were ranked as the best healthcare company to work for in Kenya in 2018.
The Head of Learning and Development is the visionary leader for Penda’s development of our employees. This person will create and implement the strategy for ongoing human resource development at our Medical Centres and Support Office. A successful person in this role will enhance the patient experience by ensuring our Medical Centre staff are highly skilled and prepared for their roles. They will also ensure Penda remains the best healthcare company to work for in Kenya because staff across our organization are continually growing.
- Penda’s goal is to be the best employer in Kenya – work for a company that deeply cares about the growth and development of our employees.
- Take on the biggest training challenge in any industry: Our teams require training in customer service, teamwork, and complex clinical skills in a rapidly changing healthcare environment.
- Penda has ~300 employees and growing to more than 1000 by the end of 2020 – your impact in learning and development will be massive!
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to all duties listed below
- Make Penda a great place to have on your CV! People recognize that by working at Penda, you will acquire new skills and grow in your career.
- Setup a world-class training infrastructure for Penda Medical Centre staff:
- Collaborate with leaders across the organization to develop Penda-specific curricula and delivery mechanisms.
- Work with QA teams to identify the impact of training and areas for improvement.
- Ensure excellent execution of training activities: Learners are scheduled in advance, logistics are smooth, sessions are engaging, continuous feedback is obtained and acted on.
- Hire, mentor, and develop our internal training capacity: Leaders across the organization should be better managers, mentors, and teachers because you are on the team.
- Ensure learning and development resources are directed toward the business objectives of the company: Engage with Penda’s broader business strategy to assess and address our most pressing training needs across the organization.
- Be a great Teammate: Take feedback well, be open and honest about problems you are facing, take on conflict with your colleagues in a healthy way, and work hard to improve the system for your colleagues!
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s Degree in social sciences field is strongly preferred
- 8+ years in a training, HR, or development role in a corporate or start-up environment
- Experience working with learners of widely different professional levels, from senior managers to junior staff.
- Extraordinary ability to communicate openly and take on conflict in a healthy way: You need to teach everyone at the organization to do this well, so you need to be amazing at this!
- Experience with hospitality and healthcare industries is an advantage.
- Starting base salary is dependent on experience and qualifications
- Full medical cover for inpatient and outpatient for your whole family.
- Stock option-based compensation is available
- Great benefits package – including hiking days and fruit at the office!
- Apply online on the career section of at our website www.pendahealth.com
- Deadline for applications is June 30, 2019
- Candidates will be evaluated on a rolling basis (first to apply is first to be evaluated)