ROLE IN BRIEF
The Head of Marketing must have an entrepreneurial mindset, be a hands-on, engaged manager with a successful accomplishment record of developing and deploying successful marketing campaigns. He/she will supervise selected agencies to ensure world-class consumer engagement. The Head of Marketing will play a lead role in communicating our unique story and offering to the market. Reporting to the CMO as part of the management team, you will bring forward creative ideas that will impact the future of our business.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
Building a strong brand
- Compelling story-telling: able to craft strategic narratives that energize consumers
- Strategy activation: consistently develop plans that beat targets
- Media planning: a social native and commercial realist. Adept at delivering brand content and experiences in all the moments that matter
- Performance analysis: demonstrate robust brand performance analysis and identify issues and opportunities to drive growth
- Commercial capability: leverage the understanding of category profitability and the competitor landscape to make recommendations that create value
- Creative judgement: strong judgement on evaluating creative ideas and giving simple, effective feedback vs fit to brief
- Multi-channel execution: create great plans and distribute content that grow salience and drive regency, impact and reach
- Pace and agility: instinctive feel for what works for consumer and can guide others, to make the right marketing decisions at the right time
- Flawless execution: consistently execute marketing programmes with excellence
Category and consumer curiosity
- Demonstrate consumer curiosity (external focus, cultural trends)
- Proven grasp of data analysis, tools and techniques
- Good knowledge of media & digital landscape / opportunities
- Work closely with the CMO to develop and implement annual Marketing Business Plans
- Collaborate with the agencies to ensure that on-ground activities are in line with brand strategies
- Provide up to date brand performance and consumer insights
- Partner with, Media and Advertising agencies for brand strategy search & spin and development of effective brand communication; brand communication planning and media spend optimisation
- Build a close working relationship with support departments
TOP 3 LEADERSHIP ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Find solutions:
- Think in the future, anticipate trends and opportunities
- Generate ideas and move them into action
- A true self starter, proactivity is one of your greatest assets
2. Manage People for Success:
- Take ownership for the performance outcomes the team needs to deliver and ensure you have the right relationships and decision-making structures to achieve this
- Be a strong team player, values the diverse contributions of others.
- Provides honest and helpful feedback, coaches others to perform at their best.
3. Consistently deliver great performance:
- Demonstrate drive to make a positive difference to business performance and brilliant execution.
- Identify clear priorities and focus on them at all times
- Have a positive outlook, channel your energy into finding opportunities and solutions even in times of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Show commitment to outstanding teamwork
- Ability to influence at all levels within our business, especially commercial teams and senior management
Travel: May be expected to travel up to 50% of the time across Kenya relative to team, brand and customer activity.