Function/Division: Sales and Marketing
Supervisor/Manager Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and/or Chief Operating Officer (COO)
The position will be evaluated on the holder’s ability to ensure the department meets set out sales quotas, revenue targets and collections.
- Station marketing and business development - continuously identify and pursue business opportunities and leads in niche markets and share them with the sales and marketing team members for closing;
- Sales - Develop effective go-to market and sales plans with clear target markets; build leads into a sales pipeline consistently maintaining a high leads to sales conversion rate and ensuring effective sales tracking and follow up;
- Account and relationship
- Grow and maintain a profitable and healthy client portfolio and working with the sales and marketing team drive repeat business/ increased client retention and referrals by optimally managing client accounts.
- Address client queries and complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner for the clients;
- Adopt effective debt management policies in line with Station policies to ensure timely payments;
- Leadership and performance management – oversee and manage the sales and marketing team ensuring target and goal setting, measurement for performance against set targets and advice the HR function on non-performance among members of the team in line with the existing HR policies and procedures set out by the Station
- Building and maintain partnerships and networks- identify relevant key strategic partnerships and networks that will enhance business development activities and result in increased revenue;
- Financial management – prepare and implement budgets for the marketing department for approval by the CEO to ensure the smooth operations in the department;
- Oversee the planning and execution of innovative programs and activation programmes, road shows and other promotional activities for the Radio Station;
- Guide the sales and management team in identifying and responding to relevant tenders, requests for proposals (RFIs) and expression of interest (EOI) when floated in newspapers and potential client websites; and
- Ensure all client files are maintained and up to date and ensure clients are informed of any new products and services offered by the Station.
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field or its equivalent;
- Minimum 8 years’ sales experience;
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Marketing;
- Proficient use of MS office suites; and
- Proven track record of meeting set targets.
- Drive for results
- Excellent written and communication skills;
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills;
- Ability to lead and motivate;
- Ability to interpret macro-economic issues and possible effects on the Station;
- People Management Skills;
- Research and Analytics Skills;
- Planning and coordination
- Strong network skills; and
- Financial management skills.
RELATIONSHIPS AND WORKING CONTACTS
- Internal – Sales and Marketing team; administration, finance and accounts
- External – Clients