The Premier Hospital, an upcoming Hospital in the Nyali area of Mombasa County has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will have an opportunity to work in a fulfilling and dynamic environment that enables stability to grow in your career and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
Responsible for providing overall leadership and direction to Nursing/Midwifery Services. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team S/he will contribute to the development and implementation of the hospital’s strategic goals, manage resources and entrench a high performance culture aimed at delivering quality health Care.
Key result areas:
• Participating in the development of the overall strategic plan for the institution
• Developing strategic plan for nursing division
• Participate in the corporate service team, project teams or committees as appropriate.
Overseeing the provision of nursing services
• Providing leadership in implementing Nursing and Professional Practice standards for nurses
• Implementing and overseeing evidence-based best nursing practices at Premier Hospital
• Creating and implementing appropriate professional practice structures for nursing staff with appropriate monitoring indicators to provide oversight of nursing clinical quality in collaboration with the Medical Director
• Reviewing, revising and where necessary creating new performance standards to ascertain patient safety and clinical quality
Developing nursing budget and ensuring budget control
• Monitoring the budget: manpower, FTEs, BVR and overall expenditure
• Reviewing utilization data/indicators for all clinical sites
Overseeing multidisciplinary approach in patient care process
• Overseeing the clinical programmes through the Nurse In-charges
• Implementing the strategic plan by setting realistic service goals and standardising approaches and processes in the division, including admission and discharge practices, bed utilization and documentation
• Fostering multidisciplinary collaboration to ensure optimal patient care;
• Developing a culture of working through multidisciplinary teams through liaising effectively with professional discipline coordinators, allied health professional staff and support staff;
• Establishing and maintaining a culture that promotes exemplary patient care as well as fosters professional and personal satisfaction for all program staff and physicians.
• Oversee overall quality management
• Collaborative goal setting of the direct reports (Nursing, Hospitality & Facility Management)
• Conducting performance appraisals
• Plan staff development based on Training and Development needs
• Must have a BSc.in Nursing from recognized University in Kenya
• Must have a KRN/KRM/KRCHN Diploma from recognized institution in Kenya
• An MSc in Nursing, Business Management, Hospital Administration or any other relevant field from recognized University in Kenya will be an added advantage
• Must have current License from the Nursing Council of Kenya
• S/he will have a minimum of eight (8) years working experience five (5) of which should be in a senior management position with hands on experience in matters relating to Nursing/Midwifery, and operations from a recognizable local or international Institution.
• S/he should be a Member of the National Nurses Association of Kenya
• S/he should have strong leadership, people management, negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to build relationships and encourage consensus and partnering at all levels.
• In addition s/he should be a strategic thinker with a proven capability of quickly assessing complex situations and generate astute and practical solutions.