REPORTS TO:DIRECT REPORTS
WHAT WORK WILL BE DONE IN YOUR ROLE
Innovation Work: To be agreed
Improvement Work: To be agreed
Research and Development;
1. Market Research
· Analyze published data and statistics
· Develop and drive Metropol’s research activities and develop an evaluation framework to assess impact that aligns with Metropol’s mission.
· Evaluate past performance of organizations products and services.
· Assess future trends.
· Commission surveys
· Coordinate research projects.
2. Marketing research
· Analyze current market trends
· Disseminate programme evaluation and research findings internally to support teams to translate research findings into cutting edge practice.
· Develop an overall evaluation framework to assess the impact of Metropol activities and projects.
· To maintain a close awareness of changes and trends in public policy and research as they may contribute to the development of Metropol’s goals.
· Work across organization to identify, apply and embed meaningful and appropriate evaluation frameworks and tools within departments and projects.
· Keep up to date with key policy areas and research which impact on Metropol’s activities and partners.
· Advise senior management Team to ensure that policy and research informs our work strategy.
· To represent Metropol at a wider range levels, including key conferences and events and promote its research programs and activities.
3. Marketing Development
· Responsible for Developing the Research & Development strategy to enable Metropol meet its company strategic objectives.
· Identify and recommend new research projects which addresses gaps in the current product/service portfolio.
· Identify and develop new market segments for current products.
· Expand potential market by establishing new customers.
· Responsible for the development and maintenance of Product Roadmaps in line with company strategy
4. Product Research
· Oversee the commissioning and management portfolio of research projects and evaluation of Metropol products.
· Work with stakeholders to ensure organizations products, strategies, tools and methods remain updated.
· Conduct surveys to provide the Organization with an insight into what it is that customers are looking for.
· Responsible for working with other cost centre leads to ensure lean and timely delivery of project work and business improvements.
5. Competitive Analysis
· Identify and evaluate competitors’ strategies to determine their strengths and weaknesses relative to those of Metropol’s products.
6. Research as a product or solution to our clients
· Analyze customer data by developing a customer satisfaction survey.
· Research emerging markets that may have a need for your products or services while expanding distribution channels.
· Effectively lead, motivate and develop the research team; carry out regular support and supervision sessions and annual appraisals.
· Responsible for the induction and performance management of the research team.
· Build high performing, motivated team, establishing a culture of collaboration and continuous development.
· To manage the research team to ensure that data, monitoring and evaluation inform the design, development and delivery of Metropol’s programs and activities.
· To support colleagues in developing approaches to assess the impact of their programs and activities.
· Responsible for the approval of all Project Management and Technical Plans within the Research & Development department.
· Reporting to management to ensure communication of the state of play of all aspects of the Research & Development department.
· Effectively managing all stakeholders in the company to ensure successful deliveries.
Academic, Professional Qualifications & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics or mathematics or any other related field. MBA is an added advantage.
· Member of Marketing and Social Research Association (MSRA)
· Postgraduate Diploma in research methods.
· Three or more years of related work experience.
· Experience in analyzing data to inform developments and practice.
· Experience of managing research/evaluation projects from inception to completion.
· Leading a small research or evaluation teams.
· Experience of advising senior colleagues on evaluation and research.
Competences and Skills:
· Ability to gather, analyze and synthesize data from various sources and produce graphics and tabular data presentations.
· Verbal and Written Communication skills.
· Critical Thinking: needs to use decisive reasoning to determine the best course of action in their research.
· Organized and self-motivated.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet demands of a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
· Dedicated team player with flexibility to work with and without supervision.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
· Knowledge of evaluation tools and approaches.
· Knowledge of trends in the financial sector.