- The Head Teacher will be responsible for the academic and administrative management of the School, provision of high quality education and support the school’s positioning as a Centre of Excellence in the county and in the Country at large.
- S/he will drive the academic and extra-curricular programmes of the school, provide leadership for the students and staff, monitor performance against targets and quality indicators, and oversee day-to-day operations of the school.
Reporting to the Board of Management below are some of the Key Responsibilities
- Supervise curriculum implementation and evaluation
- Teach the subjects of specialization to impart knowledge, skills and attitudes to learners;
- Promote harmonious working relationships with all stakeholders and ensure safety and health of learners,
- Day to day management of teaching staff, non-teaching staff and physical facilities
- Implementation of policies emanating from the Ministry of Education and Board of Management
- Engage learners in curricular and co-curricular activities so as to identify, nurture and develop talents;
- Facilitate access, growth in enrolment and retention of learners in the school
- Any other additional responsibilities as may be delegated to him/her from time to time
- Must hold a P1 Certificate and Teacher Service Commission registration. (a Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in education will be an added advantage)
- Must be ICT literate
- Must have served as a Head Teacher or have progressive teaching experience with at least 3 years as a Deputy Head Teacher.
- Good understanding of school administration and experience in curriculum management, design, implementation and evaluation.
- Proven leadership, staff supervision and evaluation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution
Interested applicants should submit their application letter, CV, copies of their certificates and testimonials demonstrating how their experience fits the position and quoting their current and expected salary so as to be received by Friday 2nd August 2019 addressed to;
Board of Management
Ridges Presbyterian School – Membley
P.O. Box 1428 – 00232,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.