Purpose of job
· Providing leadership, strategy and direction integrating safety, health and environment programs and processes in support of operational excellence. The incumbent will oversee compliance with applicable government, local & corporate SHE regulations and requirements., and manage continuous improvement programme for manufacturing.
Duties and responsibilities
Health and Safety
- Identifying SHE hazards, evaluating risks for organization’s operations and developing controls to prevent and mitigate risks.
- Monitoring existing and potential environmental concerns and recommending priorities for resolution.
- Advising management on government regulations relating to health, safety and environment , and recommending necessary actions to attain compliance.
- Developing a SHE audit program with the relevant
Stake-holders (internally & externally), in line with OHSAS 18001
- Performing regular reviews of SHE in accordance to OHSAS 18001.
- Participating in incident and accident investigations and Implementing recommended actions
- Developing in-house training programs for employees and contractors.
- Inspecting and replenishing first aid kits.
- Managing fumigation and pest control programme.
Continuous Improvement Programme
- Supporting the implementation and maintenance of KAIZEN programme.
- Training personnel on self -inspection audits for 5S and Awards.
- Projects reviews with shop-floor teams.
- Organising of Gemba Kaizen workshops.
- Supporting the repackaging operations of promotional products.
· Degree in Mechanical or Chemical engineering
· A qualification in EHS management systems
At least three years’ experience in a manufacturing set up